Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaky Dreams
Okay we all have them, some are funny, sad, scary, or just random. What's the oddest dream you remember.

My odd dream:
I was sleeping (in the dream) and was awakened by a heavy rain storm. My property flooded and, there was a ditch of water running under my house. I look out the window to see "WP" the flaming (flaunt it to the point of being ugly gay) son of one of my neighbors tipping over a giant tank of catfish I had outside my window for some odd reason. (WP is also a sex offender and known trouble maker around here)

I get up and grab my sidearm (gun) but the gun turns into a dildo. Seems normal to me in the dream so, I head out to chase WP off. WP runs into the ditch under my house, turning into a salamander in the water. I chase this salamander toward my back fence. It gets bigger and bigger and, I keep shooting at it with the dildo gun (you know what that gun shot). The now 7 foot or so tall salamander stops at the back fence and turns to face me. I wake up just as it picks me up to smash me into the ground.

Too many burritos before bed I think. Roflmao

...wish you'd shoot me...Sagrin
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'm told my dreams can get especially freaky and surreal. As just a very short, sweet example I was once walking in a crowd in which everyone only had an eye on a tentacle coming out from their collars with tentacles in place of arms (but otherwise appearing normal in dress, etc) and I didn't find it strange at all.

Maybe I'll try to find the dream where I went to the Hindu spirit world to rescue the ghost of a friend of mine later...first I'll have to find it and then decide if I can share it in any way that makes sense...

Maybe more later (or maybe not).

I used to have this reoccurring 'nightmare' its been a while since I last had it.

I'm driving down a Nevada desert two lane road, one of those way out in the middle of nowhere - literally. I'm in a red car. I mean its like ultra red a vivid red (one of the reasons why I remember the dream perhaps).

As I drive down the road I see a woman in a red dress, you know one of those sleek, form fitting numbers, bares the arms and upper chest and barely covers the knees - its red - I mean as red as the car I'm in.

I suddenly get full of anxiety, but slow down the car and pull up and she leans through the passenger window and says:

"I can be anything you want".

Suddenly there is a gun in my head and I say quietly "how about dead?" and I squeeze the trigger.

I never hear the gun go off or see what it does, I do wake up covered in sweat, and a few times I woke up screaming.

Oddest part of the dream is that I know in the dream that this is the same women (perhaps why I feel such anxiety?) but each time she has had different facial features and different color hair. Same brilliant red dress, different face and hair.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I used to have this reoccurring 'nightmare' its been a while since I last had it.

I'm driving down a Nevada desert two lane road, one of those way out in the middle of nowhere - literally. I'm in a red car. I mean its like ultra red a vivid red (one of the reasons why I remember the dream perhaps).

As I drive down the road I see a woman in a red dress, you know one of those sleek, form fitting numbers, bares the arms and upper chest and barely covers the knees - its red - I mean as red as the car I'm in.

I suddenly get full of anxiety, but slow down the car and pull up and she leans through the passenger window and says:

"I can be anything you want".

Suddenly there is a gun in my head and I say quietly "how about dead?" and I squeeze the trigger.

I never hear the gun go off or see what it does, I do wake up covered in sweat, and a few times I woke up screaming.

Oddest part of the dream is that I know in the dream that this is the same women (perhaps why I feel such anxiety?) but each time she has had different facial features and different color hair. Same brilliant red dress, different face and hair.

this one is giving me the creeps...it sounds so much like a scene from a horror movie.

I have 2 wierd ones that I can remember...

I read something about that if you want to know whether you're dreaming or not, you can try touching your own neck and if you can't feel it, there's a good chance that you're currently in a dream right now and everything that's going on is not real.

So a couple of times while I was dreaming I actually remembered this--while I'm still dreaming--and I tried to touch my neck. And just before I can touch it, I woke up from the dream...so I still can't validate if it's true or not but it certainly was interesting to me at the time.

Another recurring scene that happens more often is where I just stand right beside myself and watching myself sleep. It doesn't really matter where I sleep but I just stand there watching and as soon as I become conscious of that I wake up from the dream. Pretty weird stuff...

I had a horrible dream about 5 days ago:

I was running around in an office/church/school mixed building, and hiding from people with torches. Hermione from harry Potter was there.

Then the next thing I remember was an airport, that then was a train station. I had to keep switching between languages so that somebody wouldn't find me.

Then I with my mother walked down a dark staircase to the trains and as we were about to leave to the empty, dusty and unbuilt station, that was literally just benches and timetables put in the dirt next to rails, a man in jeans and a blue hoodie walked up next to mother. I turned back and then he was very close, and he had no head and he shot my mother.

I ran in a panic to the station but nobody would help me, and I got shot, but then I was in a train, tossed into the air and I saw hands making signals to the man who wore the hoodie telling him whether to kill me or not.

Eventually the hands decided that I should be killed and i was shot in the train, still in the air, and I died just before I hit the ground, but I was still conscious, just dead. o.o

Interesting dreams, I'm not a dream interpreter or reader, but it's interesting to see what you all dream and find unusual, scary, funny or just odd.

The body and mind do maintenance while we sleep. The better the sleep the more effective the maintenance. Without it we would be very easily overcome with both physical and mental "contaminants" in the world around us. Social and spiritual aspects of like cannot make up for this requirement. While there is a huge school of scientific thought about the process, much of it is no more certain than if there is life in other galaxies. What IS known with some certainty is that sleep deprivation contributes greatly to anxiety, depression and psychosis while improved sleep (not just rest) increases mental acuity and frustration tolerance along with a huge list of other things measured for reliability in the science instead of just opinion or superstition.

Sooooo, opinions are a dime a dozen. I've always heard that if you dream about death there will be a wedding and if you dream about a wedding there will be a death. Imagine my concern when I woke up dreaming of a very vivid wedding and during the lucid part before waking I was looking around for the graves!!??!!?? Sleeping
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I can imagine, Rox, and if you dream of a death at a wedding, then what?

I've heard all sorts of ideas too, like if you dream you are falling, it means something in your life is out of control. If that's the case I must be chronically out of control because I have a recurring falling dream, have all of my life and, it never changes in the slightest.

I am on a blue shelf with a red frame and, I fall right next to a ladder with yellow rungs and green sides, then wake up before I hit the floor or ground.