Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddie is Dead. Final Words?
Damnit...guess I have to blow out the candles now...

...at least we still have Shirley. Hopefully that bitch hangs in there 'til we get marriage equality in all 50 states.

I want to hate him...but I don't. I pity him. He is obviously seriously mentally ill but the thing that keeps me from hating him I think is that he was upfront about it all. He put that bizarre hate of his on display so we could all address it and deal with it and have conversations about it. There are sooooooooooooooo many Fred Phelps out there...the real dangerous ones are the ones who hide in the shadows and pretend they aren't like him.

My final words to him....

Thank You Freddie Boy for doing so much to help advance marriage equality in the US. I know what you believe so let me tell you what I believe...that we come back next time as the thing we hate the most this time.

Good luck with that sweetie

The man stood up for his principles. I'll give him that.

Meh. I never noticed any effect he had in the real world. I guess that's his legacy: a big bag of nothing. Beyond that, he's not really worth talking about. I'm over it.

Naaaaaaaaah

I am thankful he existed. He will serve as a reminder of the ugliness of homophobia in future years, in the same way that the KKK serves as an ugly reminder of racism. Perhaps someday, they will even teach about his church in schools. He may someday become a tool used to teach children the consequences involved in not accepting differences.

He was dangerous and incited hatred and the world will be better off without him. Unfortunately there are always others waiting in the wings to take over!

Oh wait. I guess I do have one thing to leave here.

[Image: 6229.jpg]

Fred Phelps' theology was a Calvinism, or hypercalvinism. To him, in the beginning God had a big jar of souls, like jelly beans, of everyone that was to be born, and took a small handful of those that he will choose to save and leave the vast majority of souls left in the jar to be doomed for Hell. To him, God not only saved him and his church in the elect, but deliberately leads the unsaved to "sin." He actually believes God makes people gay so we cannot be "saved."
Fred Phelps never wanted a majority. If everybody believed what he believed, he would not have justification for his megalomania, his superiority complex. To him, the more people damned to Hell, the more special he is.
He is dead now, and has left his converted and indoctrinated in his place.

Spreading hate, whatever its kind, is always bad. One less spreader is a step in the right direction. Don't hate; appreciate.

He united both sides of the debate in agreement of how crazy he is. and ergo created at least a little bit of common ground.
He did that much.

He was also a good example of where hate and homophobia can lead, hopefully others can learn from that.