Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Food..........Ooooo La La!!!
Have you ever had French food? Do you like French Food? If so, what are some of your favorite dishes?

Personally, I LOOOOOOOOVE Crepes!!!! Seafood crepes and dessert crepes!!! OMG!!!!

[Image: seafood-crepe-recipe1.jpg]

[Image: 3328_1.jpg]

MisterTinkles Wrote:[B]Have you ever had French food?

Never. Sheep

Seafood crêpes?
That's anything but French Biglaugh

[Image: Escargot_de_Bourgogne_02.jpg]

[Image: Camembert.JPG]

[Image: 2H0NCVaha4_pWM_.jpg]

[Image: vin_canard_b1.jpg]

[Image: crepes_caramel_au_beurre_sale.jpeg]
( crêpes with salted butter caramel )

[Image: Vente-de-produits50d4a28ddc9ff.jpg]

[Image: top-champagne-brands-most-searched.jpg]

[Image: 2870432938_800x533_cr.jpg]

etc.

I love most of it, but I admit that it may seem kinda "weird"

I like Poutine (from Quebec, so it's sort of French, oui?). I also love crepes but only if I make them myself as resturants over charge on them (it's basically a pancake rolled over some fruit, I'll keep my $15 for the one crepe!), and french baking... Smile. I also like french wine, as I like most wine... Yes, I know I'm gay.

When i went to france i got food poisoning from a pizza… so did my stepmum and sister… although that holiday me and my dad went to a restaurant one night and my dad had a huge plate of mussels (which i found fascinating) and i had these chicken skewer things in a rich yellow sauce that was…OUT…OF…THIS…WORLD. My poor english tastebuds probably got a big shock that day… like this food has taste! why is it not bland!

So yeah food poisoning and best food ever.

I HATE CREPES!

partis Wrote:When i went to france i got food poisoning from a pizza… so did my stepmum and sister… NO!

Jeanne d'Arc pizza? Put the brits out of France :p

It's true, in France you should never trust the first restaurant you find. It can be very good, but also really disgusting...specially in tourism hotspots.

Ekwarph Wrote:Jeanne d'Arc pizza? Put the brits out of France :p

It's true, in France you should never trust the first restaurant you find. It can be very good, but also really disgusting...specially in tourism hotspots.

This cafe was actually in the camp we stayed in… it was pizza! The other restaurant was outside the camp, we found it on a really quite street.

There's this amazing French restaurant in London called Savoir Faire, elegant and très chic but very affordable as well.

I loves a good Camembert, some cannelés and some nice Bordeaux wine.

Vive la France!

Ekwarph Wrote:Seafood crêpes?
That's anything but French Biglaugh

[Image: Escargot_de_Bourgogne_02.jpg]

[Image: Camembert.JPG]

[Image: 2H0NCVaha4_pWM_.jpg]

[Image: vin_canard_b1.jpg]

[Image: crepes_caramel_au_beurre_sale.jpeg]
( crêpes with salted butter caramel )

[Image: Vente-de-produits50d4a28ddc9ff.jpg]

[Image: top-champagne-brands-most-searched.jpg]

[Image: 2870432938_800x533_cr.jpg]

etc.

I love most of it, but I admit that it may seem kinda "weird"

Well, I dont know what they called them, but the crepes were stuffed with seafood bits and a cream sauce that was AWESOME!! Ate these at the only French restaurant Dallas had at that time. They don't exist anymore, and I dont know if there are any other French restaurants around here.

I have had snails before, dont like them. They are like tasteless chewing gum.

Hate pate', but love the bread! French and German breads are the BEST!!!

Hate wine, but love Champagne!!!

Have always wanted to try some souffle's, but nobody around here makes them the French way.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well, I dont know what they called them, but the crepes were stuffed with seafood bits and a cream sauce that was AWESOME!! Ate these at the only French restaurant Dallas had at that time. They don't exist anymore, and I dont know if there are any other French restaurants around here.

I have had snails before, dont like them. They are like tasteless chewing gum.

Hate pate', but love the bread! French and German breads are the BEST!!!

Hate wine, but love Champagne!!!

Have always wanted to try some souffle's, but nobody around here makes them the French way.
The real French "savoury" crepes are with sarrasin flour. Wink

I agree for snails...well in fact, it's just a pretext to eat an awesome garlic butter :biggrin:

Please, that's foie gras, not pâté :p
But pâté is awesome too Big Grin

I love wine! Champagne gives me a headache. Sad