Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Food..........Ooooo La La!!!
Ekwarph Wrote:The real French "savoury" crepes are with sarrasin flour. Wink

I agree for snails...well in fact, it's just a pretext to eat an awesome garlic butter :biggrin:

Please, that's foie gras, not pâté :p
But pâté is awesome too Big Grin

I love wine! Champagne gives me a headache. Sad

Well, I just like crepes and the sauces they serve with them. Tastes just as good if they stuff it with veggies, meat, seafood, or fruit.

Foie gras and pate' are icky to me. Hate any kind of liver taste.

Wine is just 'sour grape juice' to me. Have always liked Negro Brute Champagne....I think that tastes the best.

I think the best things to come out of France, food wise, are Croissants, and Quiche!!!

[Image: Croissant-breakfast-french-food.jpg]
[Image: Broccoli_Ham_Cheese_Quiche2.jpg]

MisterTinkles Wrote:I think the best things to come out of France, food wise, are Croissants, and Quiche!!!

[Image: Croissant-breakfast-french-food.jpg]
[Image: Broccoli_Ham_Cheese_Quiche2.jpg]

YES! One thing i used to love going to france for the day was having warm buttered and jam croissants, they are so much nicer than ones we get at home :biggrin:

Ham & leek crustless Quiche, mmm..

Lived there off and on for 5 years, learned to the love the food and the country. Get back every April for a fete and fest. No complaints at all !!

Love love love pate.

And cheese....

if I could I'd eathing but pates cheese and bread.

Authentic French food as served in France - Hmm I don't think so. Americanized french food - yeah sure, you know french fries, french toast, french dressing....

I have had french wines though... lots of those actually...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Authentic French food as served in France - Hmm I don't think so. Americanized french food - yeah sure, you know french fries, french toast, french dressing....

I have had french wines though... lots of those actually...

French dressing....don't tell me that it's this weird orange thing?

uuuuuuuhhhh..can't say I've had actual French food

I've been told our cooking has some French influence, does that count?

[Image: la-foto-75-1.jpg]

This tomato stew is often describe as Provenzal-influenced.

I need Ek to tell me if that's true.

Apparently the fine wine making is something we share with France. But well, it's local wine not French. I suppose Spaniards tought us to make wine but I don't know.

Bread there seems an awful lot how bread is baked here..and there's a bread called we call batido which we have to call Marseillaise bread or French bread when we go to Argentina or Uruguay. I suppose France was behind that too...hmmmm

[Image: 41.jpg]

southbiochem Wrote:uuuuuuuhhhh..can't say I've had actual French food

I've been told our cooking has some French influence, does that count?

[Image: la-foto-75-1.jpg]

This tomato stew is often describe as Provenzal-influenced.

I need Ek to tell me if that's true.

Apparently the fine wine making is something we share with France. But well, it's local wine not French. I suppose Spaniards tought us to make wine but I don't know.

Bread there seems an awful lot how bread is baked here..and there's a bread called we call batido which we have to call Marseillaise bread or French bread when we go to Argentina or Uruguay. I suppose France was behind that too...hmmmm

[Image: 41.jpg]

The dish in the picture looks like "ratatouille", which is a provenzal dish yeah. But there's no corn. Only tomatos, zucchinis, peppers, onion, garlic and herbs (I think that's all)

I've heard good stuffs about Chilean wine. Big Grin

Ekwarph Wrote:The dish in the picture looks like "ratatouille", which is a provenzal dish yeah. But there's no corn. Only tomatos, zucchinis, peppers, onion, garlic and herbs (I think that's all)

I've heard good stuffs about Chilean wine. Big Grin

Oh yeah, ha! I attempted to make ratatouille once.

The corn is a clear indication of the "Latino part" of the dish Big Grin

I've been hearing for a long time from foreigners that Chilean wine is close to French wine in quality. Since I don't like wine I can't tell you myself :/