Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Questions ?
princealbertofb Wrote:You are SOOOOOO right, that subjunctive was nasty.... And honestly, I'm not sure that many French people would get it or have got it right nowadays. It's the sort of subjunctive that has gone out of date. So not to worry.
Interestingly your little 'saying' says that one doesn't learn if one doesn't take anything off...
Trust a gay person to say that, lol. Rolleyes Don't be pissed off.

Maybe you thought you were using the verb OSER = to dare, rather than OTER = to take off or away.

On n'apprend rien si on n'ose rien; On n'apprend rien si on n'ôte rien... Interesting, hmmmm!Wink
(bloody teacher!) PA

HAH! maybe I diiiiid infact mean that *whistle*
Teehee that is raaaather humorous! :biggrin: - however considering I've not studied french for four years *gasp*... I don't think I did too badly teehee... PLUS i introduced some (warped) new way of learning French in the class room... through a process of stripping :biggrin:

Smurlos Wrote:HAH! maybe I diiiiid infact mean that *whistle*
Teehee that is raaaather humorous! :biggrin: - however considering I've not studied french for four years *gasp*... I don't think I did too badly teehee... PLUS i introduced some (warped) new way of learning French in the class room... through a process of stripping :biggrin:

Would you be learning French or TO french???? Hmmmm, the possibilities are endless. Of course if we're talking about removing a layer of ignorance, it might work. A bit like lifting the lid off the eye.

Come to think of it, I'd rather my students kept their clothes on, thank you. Not interested in the younger fry.
Scatter (I love this emoticon, what is it for?)
(going to bed) PA

grrrrr !! I'm sooo jealous of all of you right now !! :tongue:

Had a quick thing with a french guy once ! Picked up a bit of french then, but not nearly enough to string even a simple sentence together !!

First thing he said to me when we met was : Je te trouvè très mignon (hope thats right) LoL.
Didn't even know what it meant at the time but melted on the spot anyway !! Astrosmiley2

Bless - tu es très mignon ? I'm sure you know what it means now - "you're very cute" Cool.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:tu es très mignon
xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

awww, merci shadow !

De rien mon cher x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Actually the whole sentence: Je te trouve très mignon... would be translated as: I think you are very cute. (I find that you are...) And I second that Frenchman's thoughts, but you already know that Rowan from another of your postings, don't you? There's nothing wrong with window shopping, as my man would say.

princealbertofb Wrote:Actually the whole sentence: Je te trouve très mignon... would be translated as: I think you are very cute. (I find that you are...) And I second that Frenchman's thoughts, but you already know that Rowan from another of your postings, don't you? There's nothing wrong with window shopping, as my man would say.

Yes, i know what it means. Its sooooo sweet eh ! Turned me into a puddling of jelly ! Rolleyes

oh, and merci prince !!

Rowan Wrote:Yes, i know what it means. Its sooooo sweet eh ! Turned me into a puddling of jelly ! Rolleyes

hahaha ! i meant: a puddle, not puddling !!

gosh, see! just thinking about it again makes me all loopy

Rowan Wrote:hahaha ! i meant: a puddle, not puddling !!

gosh, see! just thinking about it again makes me all loopy
Hehehe... You're in good form today, Rowan.
That could have been a jelly pudding.... Or a Jelly Baby... Do you have those in South Africa... They used to be one of my favourite British sweets... You can't get them here.