Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freud is a fraud
I wish people would stop using him as a source. His theories were completely and obviously wrong and over the top.

Example- The reason why people want cookies is because they secretly want to have sex with an obese armadillo

^That's what his theories sound like to me

I have held that same opinion for many years.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Eh. He's made some worthwhile contributions and he brought up the possibility that sex and aggressions control us more than we'd like to think (even if he exaggerated). All in all I think some of his theories can be pretty interesting. On the other hand they should never be assumed as truths, more like interesting suggestions to explore and consider. Some of his claims are downright insane.

:O I didn't know people still used him as a source. Whenever I hear people talk about him they talk about how crazy and silly his ideas were.

He made some giant breakthroughs in the ways of psychology, which have allowed others to come up with more substantial evidence. His ideas were just too archaic, so they have no place in the modern world. He also gave a lot of people opportunities to disprove him, which may have been even more useful.

Clearly a dirty old man, I never took him seriously.

I think he'd be taken more seriously if his name was pronounced "Frood"

Miles Wrote:I think he'd be taken more seriously if his name was pronounced "Frood"

I have no idea what you mean. But I agree.

I used to think it was pronounced Frood because I couldn't fathom how "eu" could sound like "oi". Since "eu" sounding like "oo" makes perfect sense, of course.

Languages.

eu = oo in French and English but is 'oi' in German. yeah languages are weird and often illogical in their construction and operation.

Freud's crackpot theories were discredited years ago. To be fair he did write in the early 20th century when science was nowhere near as advanced as it is now but even these days I don't think scientists and psychologists get it right all of the time.

And some of them are smart-arses too!