Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frickin annoyed at myself
So I'm only out to one person, my best friend who is a lovely person and was so accepting when I came out to her. However she is off on her round the world trip for a year and I won't be able to contact her for the next 3 months. This is very upsetting for me since she is the only person I really trust and can talk to openly and freely.

I really need someone in my life to talk to but if I come out to my other friends it will be the equivalent of coming out to the world as they are notorious gossips and they get drunk and I don't trust drunk people.

I really do want to come out but I live in a conservative town and work in a homophobic industry, this makes me feel ashamed, not of my sexuality, but that I'm not out and proud. This feeling is exacerbated by the fact that I wish I was part of the fight for marriage equality here in NZ. Also I fear for any effects my coming out will have on my family.

I need to sort of find my inspiration to come out and stop procrastinating about this!!! I've never actually felt this lonely before and it is a rather unfortunate feeling. I set all these major goals to achieve before I turn 21 like losing weight which I achieved (28kg (almost 62 pounds)) yay me and learning to bake, tick. However the goal of coming out seems unlikely to eventuate

You don't need to pressure yourself to come out. I worked in a fishing rod manufacturing plant that had a very "redneck" attitude, but the people I was out to were cool about it, and discreet.

I'm with Counselor: no need to pressure yourself. We all have our own timing, and there are many things to consider when you approach coming out. If you have the respect of your friends and family now, that is not likely to change for most of them. Coming out is a big move, and it's helpful to have support in place when you go for it. Waiting a year for your friend to return sounds tough. I hope you find someone else you can trust.

Paz, what is your mother like? Why don't you come out to her? You might ask her, once told, to help you disclose it to your father. If not your mother, what about brothers and sisters? Any of them you might tell?

Actually, maybe safer, and less awkward, I think you might try telling your doctor (GP), who might help you with some advice. The fact is that your ''loneliness' is beginning to depress you, and I think s/he ought to know about that.

As far as disclosing some more private things, you still have us, as you know. We'll be there for you. Confusedmile: Bighug

Thanks guys, Dads not here anymore PA so I don't need to worry about that one. Also you guys are awesome, I frequent the chatroom and think its a great place to just be talkative to people

If your prepared then sometimes the gossips don't have to work against you.

I found the hardest part about coming out was raising the topic, I was outed to most of my friends through my ex, it saved a lot of awkward conversations.
The friends that were uncomfortable with it I have naturally drifted away from, way easier than trying to explain "yeah you know how i always used to joke with you guys about trying to score with chicks... yeah well I was actually thinking about guys."