Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends?
Hey everyoneSmile

I'm Martin and I'm new here... I love to chat and get to know new people... traveling is amazing and photography is my passion... I'm a business and technology major (yes I am double/triple majoring). Currently in Sweden for study abroad but, I'm originally from the States... Been to a lot of places around the world Smile and now... let's here from you? yeah?

Fun facts?
Places you've been or want to go to?
Hobby? Interests?

welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

martdg19 Wrote:Fun facts?

I first had sex with a guy on the shoulder of Interstate 10.

Quote:Places you've been or want to go to?

Been to Skagway, Alaska and to Tallinn, Estonia. I want to go to rural Japan.

Quote:Hobby? Interests?

I collect 45rpm records and like to draw and write.

Welcome. Smile

Lex

Hi Martin:

Welcome to the forum. Just off the top of my head, I've been to:

France
Holland
Norway
New Zealand
Australia
China
Sri Lanka
USA (California & NY)
Argentina
Syria
Morocco
Portugal
Italy
Spain
Greece
Turkey
Tahiti

Maybe some more that I can't remember at the moment.

I would love to go to Iraq and Afghanistan but sadly I think they're out of the question now. Maybe Iran is still a possibility.

Interetsed in photography but I am strictly an amatuer and I don't use anything more than a P&S that I can carry around with me all the time rather than burden myself with a cumbersome DSLR. Here's a shot I took in Central Park NY a few years ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

martdg19 Wrote:Hey everyoneSmile

I'm Martin and I'm new here... I love to chat and get to know new people... traveling is amazing and photography is my passion... I'm a business and technology major (yes I am double/triple majoring). Currently in Sweden for study abroad but, I'm originally from the States... Been to a lot of places around the world Smile and now... let's here from you? yeah?

Fun facts?
Places you've been or want to go to?
Hobby? Interests?

Hey man welcome. It is nice to have someone join and ask about those here instead of immediately launching into an epic plea for advice.

So, erm, fun facts?
- My boyfriend and i were each in movies for about two seconds each.
- I work at home, mostly on conference calls
- I like ocean liners (predecessor to cruise ships whose job was to get people to and fro pre-airplanes, not a vacation per se) and collect books and other memorabilia, as well as the history of passenger aviation
- more stuff in my profile...

Places I have been?
- 46 US states including Alaska. Still want to hit Hawaii someday.
- 6/10 Canadian provinces. Vancouver is on the list.
- Iceland, my fave, 2x so far
- Italy, 2nd fave, 2x so far
- England, 5x now
- France, 3x now
- Ireland, 2x now
- Malta
- Egypt
- Bunch of Caribbean islands, mostly on cruises
- Historic first transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2

Wanna go
- All over Scandinavia so I may pick your brain about Sweden
- Netherlands
- Prague/Krakow/Dubrovnik, maybe on a river cruise
- Costa Rica

allo to gs!

Wow you've been to a lot of places... I've only been to USA, Philippines, Italy Germany, France, Spain and Sweden so far... Tongue but to at least 3 cities each countries Wink and yep, I know what you mean about DSRL cameras being a burden... I have it hahaha i think GoPro is now the trend and I heard they take decent photos as well... And regarding your photo, Its very well composed... have you taken any photography classes? The attached image is a photo I took from Spain, Sevilla. I haven't edited this photo and I'm an amateur as well... i'm currently exploring compositions and angles.

That's cool... I havent been to the places you've been but I was suppose to go to Tallin... but i chose a different trip so yea... and I also like to draw Wink and write I dont keep a journal or so...

Hey, I thought I'd be fun to ask some fun things about people and common interests... so I did Tongue life is not only about dramas and problems... so I wanted to lighten the mood essentially... and man most of you guys have been to a lot of places... I'm jealous hahaha but I know I'd be able to do that some day... and regarding sweden... Yep It's quite nice here... they are the NICEST people I know... polite and all... But i wouldn't recommend the city I live in right now... It's boring here... just a college town... Stockholm and Gothenburg are the places to be... I heard

Welcome. I expect a topic with your photography.

Here is a fun fact: Oreos are a knock off cookie from another cookie from about 100 years ago. Tongue

I've been pretty much nowhere, but I want to go everywhere (especially Japan)

My hobbies are reading, writing and video games