Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends can be complete bastards at times
writerken Wrote:Why? Is something going down?

Hahaha, WK, Ze belongs to that well-loved profession of street wardens.... the ones who leave a little ticket on your windscreen if you are not parked well. :tongue: Wink

Vigilias Wrote:Hi Zeon...

"Now this friend is a miserable old bastard whos always saying my bf is always disturbing him when he's drunk even when i know he hasnt and it really pisses me off...."

Time for some Vigilian wisdom...

I know he's your bf but perhaps your friend doesn't see him through the same rose-tinted eye wear that you are obliged to on account of him being your bf.

Perhaps your bf has disturbed him by being under the influence of a bit too much of a great night out and I speak from experience when I say it's irritating.

If you're a guest in someones home you should try to minimise the impact upon your host. It was after all a last minute decision, he may have felt obliged to agree rather than appear, how was it you eloquently descibed your friend... "A miserable old bastard".

Still, your friend should have been more assertive and said "No, sorry but..." in the first place rather than doing a bunk and leaving your bf to his own devices. Why weren't you going with him anyway? You can't just send your bf on like you're forwarding your luggage.

It seems a petty reason not to speak to someone again, afterall you may need a convenient Pied de tere in the future if you need to leave your bf in storage.

Wise Vig, the actual expression is Pied-à-terre (meaning a foot on the ground). I must admit that I didn't quite understand the reasons that led Zeon not to take his boyfriend home. But excessive distance seemed to be one of the reasons.
I think the point being made by Zeon here is that he trusted this friend to do what he said he would, ie take care of his boyfriend and put him up for the night... What happened next is anybody's guess.
Vig, you are probably right that Ze needs to find out what happened exactly before he can pronounce this 'friendship' dead.