Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends with ex?
My ex wanted to stay as friends, I couldn't do it after what happened.

It's all dependant on how the relationship was and/or how the breakup happened in my opinion.

Yeah i agree with Corsac, it depends on how you 2 broke up. If both of you broke up for a horrible reason, then I dont think both will be friends after..

I believe you can as long as you are both over each other.
Your ex is your ex for a reason , work on the friendship without the past.

I think this all depends on how deep your relationship was. If it was deep then a little separation is neccessary to move past it.
But the moment you truly befriend your ex is when you stop refers to her as "my ex" and starts to refers to her as "my friends."

Depends on the other boy too.

We Xed each other for some reason so I am not to keen doing a friendship with damaged goods. The frustration of failing to resolve issues and stuff. Mis direction of time and energy to continue a relationship with an X.

I don't think it's a silly question at all.

I'm in love with my ex, we just slept together.... these things happen.

I happen to still be in love with him, so...

Thank you to everyone who replied!! Sorry I couldn't answer sooner; was busy- such is life though, eh?

You're all right: it all depends on how the relationship ended and how many feelings still remain. This is why it's tough (at least for me) to be friends with her. If anything, friendly outings just end up in me feeling for her again. That sucks Sad

Being friends with an ex can work, but only after your both completely over each other.

From what you've said, I would say your not yet over each other, hence the lapsing back whenever you both meet.

This is bad for both of you, as it will prevent you both moving on and finding new relationships.

I would recommend a period of time where you both don't see/text each other - at a minimum 3 months. And you have to make it clear why your taking a complete break.

Three months will give you enough time to find a new relationship, and also prove once and for all if you still have feelings for your ex, and if so what you should do about them (if anything) Remember you both broke up for a reason...

Good luck,
ObW
x

My ex abused me so no.

OlderButWiser Wrote:Being friends with an ex can work, but only after your both completely over each other.

From what you've said, I would say your not yet over each other, hence the lapsing back whenever you both meet.

This is bad for both of you, as it will prevent you both moving on and finding new relationships.

I would recommend a period of time where you both don't see/text each other - at a minimum 3 months. And you have to make it clear why your taking a complete break.

Three months will give you enough time to find a new relationship, and also prove once and for all if you still have feelings for your ex, and if so what you should do about them (if anything) Remember you both broke up for a reason...

Good luck,
ObW
x

I'd have to agree. Well, at least on my side, I know I'm not over her completely. I mean, we didn't break up over bad blood- she just wasn't ready to come out :\

I know what you're saying is right. Goodness, I wonder if I can cut communication! But if it's necessary!