Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From a San Francisco newspaper
One of those shows where they create absurd sitches and record how people react once showed an older lady going into a butcher store and asking for beef, and the guy at the counter fished until he got her to say "the freshest you've got." Then he went into the back and the cam showed her shocked reaction as she heard a cow moo, shotgun go off, and chainsaw start, and she was about freaking out. When he came out (she was polite in not just bailing I guess) she said she'd get her meat elsewhere (meaning another cow would have to die...).

Granted, there's a chance that was all fake (many shows like that are) but if so then those were some damn good actors (as well as normal looking people).

You folks just don't understand that all the meat at those markets is actually "Tofu"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Have Elvis !!

No sorry, they neither live nor breed. I demonstrated to them exactly where meat comes from using their own carcass as a guide.

Once they devoured there own feet, legs and right hand and arm (they were (past tense) ) a lefty they had a most decided change in their view about where meat comes from.

Xyxthumbs

MisterTinkles Wrote:Actually, most "city" kids have no idea where meat comes from. They do not have enough mental ability to connect "chicken" in the store, to the animal designated with the same name. They actually think its two different things.

As for hunting being good for the environment, I tend to differ with that.

LEGAL hunting is ok, as long as it is done for FOOD. Illegal hunting and poaching are what is and has, become a problem on this planet, as far as the animal population is concerned.

I beg to differ, we city kids over here know exactly were meat comes from

and if we were lucky enough we got to see grams murdering a chicken to make us soup