Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full face veil
Maybe you should learn about islam in the world and not be naive in saying its another religion, oh religous minoritys dont fare well against muslim majority, its also no so common in other religions to scream "death to infidels and those who insult islam"

You FUCK OFF! You got nothing to say

tavi Wrote:Maybe you should learn about islam in the world and not be naive in saying its another religion, oh religous minoritys dont fare well against muslim majority, its also no so common in other religions to scream "death to infidels and those who insult islam"

You FUCK OFF! You got nothing to say

I actually have learned about Islam from the actual source. I make it a hobby of mine to learn about other religions, since I like to know every side. Unlike you, I didn't learn about Islam from Islam haters who are only afraid of what they don't understand. I think that may be the issue here. You seem to be confusing regular Muslims with terrorist extremists. You do know that the majority of Muslims aren't terrorist extremists, right? "Extremists" are not the norm, which is implied in the word itself.

Now didn't you say you were done here a couple of posts ago? Your word is worth so much.

tavi Wrote:... im really done, bye, no im not leaving, just this thread.

Ive learnt some from the original source, the quaran, infidels go to ever lasting hell, me and you, bad muslims go to hell (extremists?) But they can be saved from muslim friends in paradise) yes theres nice stuff in there too.

But i do not want britain to be a muslim majority country, if you think that makes me a bad britain fine.

By the way as i have done what you said i didnt (read from muslim source) have you read from a negative standpoint, or is it all hate to you! Even fact!!!

No your the biased one

tavi Wrote:Ive learnt some from the original source, the quaran, infidels go to ever lasting hell, me and you, bad muslims go to hell (extremists?) But they can be saved from muslim friends in paradise) yes theres nice stuff in there too.

But i do not want britain to be a muslim majority country, if you think that makes me a bad britain fine.

By the way as i have done what you said i didnt (read from muslim source) have you read from a negative standpoint, or is it all hate to you! Even fact!!!

No your the biased one

So it's just like Christianity in that sense, then. You already have Christianity, so there's no real harm introducing this as well. Christianity in essence isn't a long shot off from Islam, which you would know if you've truly looked into both.

Now you say you don't want Britain to be a Muslim country. Fine, I can respect that. You don't want what you don't want. Just understand that if you start spreading hate, it will come back to bite you in the ass. You have that to look forward to with you with your current ideals.

You do realize by playing the "All muslems are evil card" you're playing the same card as the people who go "All gays are evil card" or "All <Whatever faith you have> are evil" or "All <Your race> are evil"

It's dumb.

Let's just share some love people

Bighug

As far as I know, only Andy, the site owner, has any from of mod powers.

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread but I wanted to note that there are a lot of Muslim women at my university who wear head scarves, several of whom are in my classes. I have an edgy haircut and a lot of visible tattoos which the Muslim women in my classes seem fascinated by because they comment on how much they would like to cut their hair and get tattoos, but they usually get around to saying how their mothers would never allow them to, or to forgo their hijab. My wife and I also frequent hooka bars and have had several conversations with other Muslim women who comment that their mothers insist that they wear a hijab. So, even though it's less extreme than a full burqa, it is indeed that women are forcing younger women to dress in a traditional manner, not only men. I should note that these were all Somalis, so I have no idea about Muslims from other countries.
I personally find it to be awful that these vibrant young women aren't allowed to express themselves as they see fit, I hope they are eventually able to make the decision for themselves to either ditch the hijab or to embrace it for themselves. As far as full burqas, I do not think they should be allowed to be worn while traveling, especially not internationally as it is too much of a security risk. There is no way to identify someone while only seeing their eyes.

To bring this into a more relatable instance for me, as I'm no where near being a muslim or female(well....), this seems to be equatable to the whole stance on Dreadlocks and professionalism.

I'm not allowed to work in the hotel or hospitality industry if I have dreads, as all the negative stereotypes and connotations ascribed to them foolishly blind peoples and perpetuate idiocy in my opinion, however far that carries.

As not every Dread smokes weed, drinks alcohol by the litre or praises Jah or is even a Rasta, and many are actually very professional, intelligent and quite hardworking and dedicated.

To judge someone based on their hairstyle I find utterly ridiculous, as for some people it is a spiritual and emotional commitment and just general love of that hairstyle that goes beyond simple aestheticism, which has nothing to do on their level of competency or work ethic.

Many people would be utterly devastated if they had to cut off their dreads to find a job, especially if the job they found only has them for a short time or whatever the case may be.

However even I, someone with Dreads will admit that in some very strict circumstances, such as working in confined spaces, the military even or any job where hair specifically can be an impediment , is where this method of job selectivity is appropriate, as it can result in the loss of hair, infection, injury and possibly death.

But otherwise, who cares? Really?

I see this topic the same way.

So a Woman chooses to wear this veil, whether by religious practice/upbringing or just spiritual or emotional choice, it shouldn't be an issue of that woman being deemed anything until appropriate assessment.

Okay, she has a veil on, fine, this does not affect anyone and is not offensive to anyone and why should it? Now in the matter of mandatory identification purposes, then perhaps yes, it would and should be wise to tactfully inquire as to her facial composition in order to affirm who she says she is to be correct and not a potentially dangerous person.

However!

This is not to say that because she does wear a veil, means she is offhand a dangerous and/or fraudulent person. Like Dreadlocks, they it can be her religious or spiritual/emotional form of expressing herself or just a general desire that she may have. And that if it harms no one, there should not be an issue.

I personally would feel no way if my doctor wore a veil over her face, as I believe that would be her choice and she has her reasons for doing so.

That's like me asking for a white doctor over a black doctor, because he just wouldn't comply when I asked him to "change the colour of his skin".

And while I know that is not quite the same thing, it stems from the same racially judgmental roots, as people consider veils to be a "muslim thing" and that by extension, all muslim traditions and practices are revolved around 9/11 or just general unpleasant acts.

So is actually in essence a form of racism, as inquiring to ones form of religious or cultural or spiritual practices as a form of acceptable practical things in everyday culture, is just another way of failing to be understanding of someone else outside of your own culture and by doing so actually come to be offensive.

Many will proclaim false to this, however, it is true to any eye, that prejudice is in the hearts of all, but is tamed by none for those who proclaim to be so, are either liars or deluded.

Someone who truly cares not for someone else's practices, would say nothing, however curiosity lives within every person. It's the one's who can carry curiosity and an open mind hand in hand are the ones who can share mutual respect and living space, while those who run curiosity with close mindedness together are the ones who question and belittle and try to change those who are not like them.

It's actually quite petty when you think about it.

A veil, honestly. She can't hold a friggin Tank under there, hell, even a BB gun no less.

True identity is quite important, as are facial expressions(to an extent, as eyes, which are exposed, tell the majority), but to apply force to any situation in the face of resistance is a battle already lost.

Quite shameful actually.
Msn-slapping