Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full face veil
I tell you what, whatever anyone says, the full face veil is not wanted here and many decent intelligent people feel the same way. Ive heard muslims talking about all the "disgusting" flesh on show in western countrys, im not getting involved anymore, all it is is words

I think some of the posts here are missing the point.

To harp on about having to follow our laws; it should be noted that these veils are NOT banned, they are, as far as I'm aware, not breaking any law by wearing them.

People are pushing to change the laws here specifically because of Muslims, yes; Changing them to force them to ditch their cultural norms.

Personally, I think both "You moved here, so you have to be like us!" and "We moved here and you have to be like us!" are both intolerant stances.

MisterTinkles Wrote:If you move to another country, and you plan to become a citizen, then you need to plan to give up everything you worship and honor and the ideals from that country, for the new country. Otherwise you are nothing but a fraud, cheat, liar, thief, and you show you have absolutely NO respect for that new country.

YOU change for the new country you move too, the country does not change for YOU!!!

Many Orthodox Jews became American citizens after moving here. Are you saying it's wrong for them to wear beards and black hats?

[quote=davearoo]Many Orthodox Jews became American citizens after moving here. Are you saying it's wrong for them to wear beards and black hats?[/Q]

Wearing a beard and a hat does'r obscure your identity. Unfortunately society has changed and terrorism has made many people think that a full face veil is just not right.

On a slightly different note, do you know that a disease that we thought had been eliminated, is making a comeback, especially in young Muslim girls. I refer to rickets and it is the lack of Vitamin D that is produced via sunlight, that is the cause. When you only have your eyes showing it is simply impossible to absorb sufficient sunlight.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What's wrong with men wanting their property hidden from the perverted westerners?

stu Wrote:What's wrong with men wanting their property hidden from the perverted westerners?

Property???

SilverFrost Wrote:Property???

That's what women are in Islam...

That was the point I was making: given a free choice, and that includes an upbringing that doesn't include indoctrination, no-one would choose to walk around in a tent. It's forced on women, and that's why it's wrong.

Spellbound Wrote:That's what women are in Islam...

That was the point I was making: given a free choice, and that includes an upbringing that doesn't include indoctrination, no-one would choose to walk around in a tent. It's forced on women, and that's why it's wrong.

Yes, this kind of thinking that "women are as property" or "lesser beings" is unfortunately quite common all around the world, not just in Islam.

SilverFrost Wrote:Yes, this kind of thinking that "women are as property" or "lesser beings" is unfortunately quite common all around the world, not just in Islam.

That's true. I mentioned Islam because we were talking about the veil, but fundamentalist Jews are the same or worse, for example.

I won't deny that many muslim women are coerced into wearing veils but I'd also like to point out that plenty of them choose to wear it. Sure, you could make the case that this will of theirs is purely based on indoctrination but nevertheless some of them even argue pretty eloquently in regards to this problem. Please listen to the words of this woman, for example:

It makes no sense to ban a certain outfit for muslim women in the name of equality, at least not to me. Of course it's despicable when women are forced to wear them but I find it equally despicable to tell a muslim woman who uses the veil as a way of expressing her religion and in some cases identity, that she cannot do so.