Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with food
Well, I'm in for a fun surprise. A friend of min is coming over and, bringing me a Chopped/Iron Chef challenge bag. I will have 1 hour and, must use every item he brings to make diner tonight. He's promised me at least two very difficult items so we shall see what I come up with.

This sounds fun Smile What fun do you have with food (not as sex toys please)? :tongue:

When I was a bit younger, my sister and I would use vegetable oil, flour and some other ingredients to make clay or play dough. When it was ready to play with, we would make all kinds of creatures and foods. They would harden and we decorated our rooms with the little figurines.

I microwaved an egg a few months back. I took it out and tested the yolk with a fork. It totally disintegrated and covered the whole kitchen, and my face, with very hot fragments. I was sure I'd put a prick in the yolk before cooking. After I got over the shock I broke down in fits of laughter. They soon stopped when I set about cleaning the kitchen ceiling.

Ooh, can't wait to hear what he brings you, sounds like a fun challenge Smile

Well, I have Chicken breasts, black beans, mung bean sprouts, boc choy, egg roll wrappers, peaches, cream, chicken livers and, cashews to make a meal out of so, we'll see come time to cook this evening. Smile

Blue Wrote:Well, I have Chicken breasts, black beans, mung bean sprouts, boc choy, egg roll wrappers, peaches, cream, chicken livers and, cashews to make a meal out of so, we'll see come time to cook this evening. Smile

Drop the lot in a blender. Heat it up. Soup. Simple. Frog

I enjoy creating some new dishes and new flavours with what I've got in the kitchen (and / or on my balcony garden)... Some of the fun we can have with food is working with textures, or colours (and colouring sometimes).

Well, my friend won't be back until around 7 or 8 this evening but, I've decided. Chicken liver pate` on melba rounds for an appetizer, black bean stir fry, chicken egg rolls and, poached peaches (poached in cream). That will use everything and, taste good. Smile

with food i usually have a knife and fork lol ?Tongue i cant cook in life and havent had a hot meal for ages as tend to live off cereal

Blue Wrote:Well, I have Chicken breasts, black beans, mung bean sprouts, boc choy, egg roll wrappers, peaches, cream, chicken livers and, cashews to make a meal out of so, we'll see come time to cook this evening. Smile

I have no idea what half of that even is!!!