Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funeral Songs
Hate to turn the conversation to something so morbid but it's something that's come up in conversation rather a lot recently, and i guess i was just wondering if anybody here had given it any thought?? It's weird how what we choose says so much about who we are as people...

I decided i'd want my funeral song to be one last lashing of my caustic sense of humour, so all my friends now know that at my funeral i want 'Living in a box'.

xxxxx

It's got to be.....

BURN BABY BURN

:biggrin:

lol burn baby burn made me spit my drink on my computer screen. I tend to live for today are rearly think ahead (which is usually a bad thing) but i better have cher as my song. And if shes going the way she is, she will be there to sing it live and still look the youngest (and tightest) in the room. "if i could turn back time... if i could find a way". Either that or Mariah Carey, emotions, i love that song.

What do you guys want on your headstone???

I said I want Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis and I want everyone to jump up and down and have fun Confusedmile:

Smurlos Wrote:I said I want Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis and I want everyone to jump up and down and have fun Confusedmile:

Same, i want people to have a party like its my birthday... i hate public showing of emotion (well showing emotion all together eww)

Party!

My Way - Frank Sinatra
As soon as I heard it I was like "Hey, that's what they're gonna play at my funeral!" lol NO LIE!

Smurlos Wrote:I said I want Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis and I want everyone to jump up and down and have fun Confusedmile:

I don't. I want everyone to be as miserable as i can possibly make them. I'm thinking of having a rule that people have to cry a certain amount (not decided what that is yet..) before they can leave. Sad thing is i'm not gonna be there to see them do it:frown:

Far as my tombstone goes i want it to say 'If i'd have known you were coming i'd have baked a cake'.

My Nan (who's 74 bless her) wants Patsy Cline - Crazy and Gareth Gates & The Kumars - Spirit in the Sky! (with the dance!!)

Thought about it once many moons ago.. can't remember what I wanted tho! However, with around another 60 or mores years left in me.. am sure I'll gain some more fave tunes over that time.

No funeral, No remembrance, No nothing...

If I aint in your soul, or you aint in mine before I leave this silly planet then aint much to do about it when I am gone.

I want to be cremated in the simplest box available - seems such a waste to use a box but I guess it is the law...

I would like my ashes spread in a few places and some left over... now dont laugh... but I want the ashes put into various parts of my bicycle... wanna keep on spinning. LOL.

A funeral is never about the deceased. It is only an occasion for the living left behind. I used to think I would want people to wear bright colours and dance at my funeral, but these days I think I would want them to make their responses in whatever way they see fit. I suppose I'd like everyone to have to listen to some of my music, but as for other music everyone is already under instructions to include Myhrpolska by my favourite Swedish Band, Hoven Droven. I couldn't find it on YouTube, but here's another one of their more meditative tunes: