Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future POTUS
Well I think the race may be finished before the election. Seems Trump has lost the backing of the main GOP members and Hillary is maintaining pace (or perhaps even picking up speed). I really thought her email deal would sink her but she has dodged the bullet for the most part and is on the home stretch. Meanwhile Trump is focusing on dragging GOP members through the mud, do you think its done? Im kinda looking forward to the advertisements being over ^_^!

No kidding. Well I think at least for the social issues we're probably better off with Hillary, at least with that. How she will do with the economy and foreign policy overall is a bit of a mystery, but probably not as much of a mystery as it would be with Trump. That's the thing about him is you don't know what you'll get with him. He's as much of a flip flopper as any other politician that's for sure.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Never say never, heney.

SilverBullet Wrote:I really thought her email deal would sink her

Were you hoping for it?

I went to a busy part of my city today to find it was the same as my local neighborhood in that there were almost no bumper stickers or yard signs for Hillary or Trump. I believe I've seen more for Bernie that both of the others combined and even those were very rare. There are stickers and yard signs for local and state measures, but not presidential candidates. It felt surreal to me. (I'd suspect it was fear given how ugly politics has gotten on both sides, but there are stickers that pretty much identify one as strongly left or right still, if not as many of those either, so it's not that, at least not just that.)

How is it for others? Does the presidential race seem A LOT less enthusiastic than normal where you're at, as it is for where I am? :confused:

NativeSon Wrote:Never say never, heney.

Were you hoping for it?

If you ask me I didn't really care, I mean Carl Rove and Bush "lost" 20 million emails and I don't remember all that much fuss about that. Bottom line is if you ask me is that if you blindly support ANY one running for public office you're either a donor or a sheep.

Pix Wrote:I went to a busy part of my city today to find it was the same as my local neighborhood in that there were almost no bumper stickers or yard signs for Hillary or Trump. I believe I've seen more for Bernie that both of the others combined and even those were very rare. There are stickers and yard signs for local and state measures, but not presidential candidates. It felt surreal to me.

How is it for others? Does the presidential race seem A LOT less enthusiastic than normal where you're at, as it is for where I am? :confused:

It is less enthusiastic. I think it is lack of having decent candidates to choose from. It is ever more polarizing. What kills me are women who support Trump and his so-called locker room talk and all the other shit he's done. Anyway, it is a mess and both candidates make a mockery of us as a country. They all need to be thrown out along with the so-called media.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Bottom line is if you ask me is that if you blindly support ANY one running for public office you're either a donor or a sheep.

And yet one or the other has to be chosen. Don't fuck it up.

NativeSon Wrote:And yet one or the other has to be chosen. Don't fuck it up.

Let's vote for Jill Stein... I mean those vaccines you know...
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Let's vote for Jill Stein...

Who?

Aleppo.

NativeSon Wrote:Who?

Aleppo.

Right well with 1% of the vote it's no wonder you're asking who...

Honestly, I didn't know what the deal was with Aleppo or that it was a city until they went after Johnson, but mind you I'm not running for POTUS...I work on computers on a daily basis.... For the record current events are pretty depressing...at least 99% of the time, I don't like being depressed.
Check out my stuff!

NativeSon Wrote:Never say never, heney.

Were you hoping for it?

I dont know what to hope for anymore to be honest, I like neither side and in less than 30 days I loose regardless the outcome. I can vote either Hillary or Trump and be responsible for whichever wins, I can not vote at all and be responsible for the winner, i can vote 3rd party and again be responsible for the winner. Its a lose lose and normally when faced with a unwinnable situation the best move is not to play but that too is a loss.

but to answer your question in short, yes Hillary should be arrested. On the other hand if Hillary got arrested that would give the election to Trump. yet again a catch 22

I cant be normal and say Vote Hillary or Vote Trump! Tongue
I guess looking for someone who is honest, transparent, strong, intelligent and loyal to the country and its people is too much to ask for. Politics just are not my game lol I think I should simply not get into any of it but its my obligation as a citizen to vote and research our leaders so again I find myself in front of two holes.