Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G-A-Y confirms purchase of Heaven nightclub
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/g-a-y.jpg[/img2]The group that owns G-A-Y has ended months of speculation and confirmed it has purchased Heaven nightclub.

The Astoria had been the venue for G-A-Y club nights for 15 years. It is to be demolished to make way for the Crossrail project and a redevelopment of Tottenham Court Road station.

Promoter Jeremy Joseph said in May that he made the decision to leave the Astoria after fifteen years "after a lot of thought and consideration. The last night there was in July.

The G-A-Y franchise includes two other bars, G-A-Y Late located just off Charing Cross Road and G-A-Y Bar on Old Compton Street in Soho.

The MAMA group, owners of the Barfly music venue chain and the management company of top British bands such as the Kaiser Chiefs, bought a 75% share in Manto Soho Limited (MSL), the company which operates G-A-Y Bar and G-A-Y Late, in August 2007.

Mr Joseph retains ownership of the G-A-Y brand.

He told clubbing blog dicscodamaged yesterday:

"I'm proud and excited that I can now confirm that G-A-Y is the new owners of HEAVEN Nightclub.

"Together it is 44 years of gay history.

"After years of being competition to each other, the world's best known gay club becomes the home to the world's most famous gay club night.

"Despite much speculation about the future of Heaven, it is my priority to make sure not only will Heaven be the new home for G-A-Y, but also to continue the success of other nights, allowing Heaven to be a diverse venue, making it Britain's best gay club."

"The next couple of weeks I will spend getting to re-know Heaven & will be making plans that will include a major refurbishment."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I heard about this the other day, there is also a group on Facebook:

http://www.new.facebook.com/inbox/gr...id=40543806214

For those of you interested.........
There is a bit of a to do on the posts section people complaining that their posts are being taken off if their comments do not conform to pro G-A-Y buying out Heaven.

Makes interesting reading actually

I just love the idea that you could just take away the capitals and edit out a few words and get something very entertaining...: Happy reading!

The group that has grown gay has ended months of speculation and confirmed it has purchased heaven.

The Astoria had been the venue for gay club nights for 15 years. It is to be demolished to make way for the Crossrail project and a redevelopment of Tottenham Court Road station.

Promoter Joseph said in May that he made the decision to leave the Astoria after fifteen years "after a lot of thought and consideration. The last night there was in July.

The gay franchise includes two other barns, gay Latte located just off Charing Cross Road and a gay barn on Old Compton Street in Soho.

The mamma mia group, owners of the barn, try music ventures, locks and chains, and the management company of top British brands such as the wiser chefs, bought a 75% share in Meat Supermarkets Limited (MSL), the company which operates gay barn and gay Latte, in August 2007.

Mr Joseph retains ownership of the gay brand.

He told clubbing blog dick-so-damaged yesterday:

"I'm proud and excited that I can now confirm that gays are the new owners of heaven.

"Together it is 44 years of gay history.

"After years of being competition to each other, the world's best known gay club becomes the home to the world's most famous gay club night.

"Despite much speculation about the future of heaven, it is my priority to make sure not only will heaven be the new home for gays, but also to continue the success of other nights, allowing heaven to be a diverse venue, making it Britain's best gay club."

"The next couple of weeks I will spend getting to renew heaven & will be making plans that will include a major refurbishment."

LOL

PA has truly lost the plot again!! Wink

And damnit.. was hoping to have made it to Heaven before G-A-Y took it over!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:PA has truly lost the plot again!! Wink

And damnit.. was hoping to have made it to Heaven before G-A-Y took it over!!
Rainote Oh you'll never get to heaven .... Rainote

princealbertofb Wrote:I just love the idea that you could just take away the capitals and edit out a few words and get something very entertaining...: Happy reading!... etcera etcetera ...
"The next couple of weeks I will spend getting to renew heaven & will be making plans that will include a major refurbishment."

Someone's obviously bored ... lol
So, is this refurbishment going to involve tuning all those harps ... or maybe polishing the C.O.'s buttons?

marshlander Wrote:Rainote Oh you'll never get to heaven .... Rainote

lol... one of my uni friend's mum loves to tell the story of how she got chucked out of heaven - which turned out to be a club.. but not the gay venue, whilst on a hen night.