Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAGA overrated?
lol...bad romance, nuff said Tongue

I actually get Bad Romance, I love that song. I think it's my favorite one by her. You And I is really damn good too.

ZackT Wrote:I actually get Bad Romance, I love that song. I think it's my favorite one by her. You And I is really damn good too.

"NEBRASKA NEBRASKA"!!!! love that part

Haha, yea that's retarded.

But whatever. I like the overall song. For a long time I actually thought it was a Lesbian love song, because I was mistaken "he" for "she" I think...which made me like it even more.

^ it is a nice song, i love the new album

Okay, Gaga makes good music, I like it, I like how she is so bold in her outfits and expression and all, but I really don't understand how she can be so popular. Like..really?! For what? I don't get how she can have more followers/fans (on Twtter and Facebook respectively) that, say, Beyonce, The Biebs, Britney, Katy Perry, Usher, Lil Wayne or even Michael Jackson! Like WTF!

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Okay, Gaga makes good music, I like it, I like how she is so bold in her outfits and expression and all, but I really don't understand how she can be so popular. Like..really?! For what? I don't get how she can have more followers/fans (on Twtter and Facebook respectively) that, say, Beyonce, The Biebs, Britney, Katy Perry, Usher, Lil Wayne or even Michael Jackson! Like WTF!

Q:For what?
A: Because she made good music. Other reasons are: she has what it takes to be a big star in pop culture: bold, controversy, a smart speaker (watch her interviews), and she is good at building and giving back to community.

As for the other people: Usher and Lil Wayne do not really play Pop music which is the most popular kind of music.
Michael Jackson, Britney andBeyonce were not at the peak of their career when Twitter and FB are popular. They made good music but the music industry is a hash place. However, I think they do have more fans than Lady gaga consdering their time in the industry.
Comparing JB to Lady gaga s just lol. Considering how many hits they have you will know why. Watch their performance, Lady Gaga can make music, dance and play tons of instruments while JB s just a little kid who can sing. As for vocal range, Lady Gaga can sing in a very wide range while JB can't ( age plays a factor here). Popularity does associate with talents.
As for Katy Perry, that is hard to explain but it may have to do with marketing strategy. Lady Gaga is way more controversial than Katy Perry. Remember how Madonna became the queen of pop while she was at her peak: "controversy"

posterpicture Wrote:Q:For what?
A: Because she made good music. Other reasons are: she has what it takes to be a big star in pop culture: bold, controversy, a smart speaker (watch her interviews), and she is good at building and giving back to community.

As for the other people: Usher and Lil Wayne do not really play Pop music which is the most popular kind of music.
Michael Jackson, Britney andBeyonce were not at the peak of their career when Twitter and FB are popular. They made good music but the music industry is a hash place. However, I think they do have more fans than Lady gaga consdering their time in the industry.
Comparing JB to Lady gaga s just lol. Considering how many hits they have you will know why. Watch their performance, Lady Gaga can make music, dance and play tons of instruments while JB s just a little kid who can sing. As for vocal range, Lady Gaga can sing in a very wide range while JB can't ( age plays a factor here). Popularity does associate with talents.
As for Katy Perry, that is hard to explain but it may have to do with marketing strategy. Lady Gaga is way more controversial than Katy Perry. Remember how Madonna became the queen of pop while she was at her peak: "controversy"

No, mate, I really do respect her as a performer and totally have nothing against her (Judas is a little annoying :/), I just really don't see why she'd deserve so much attention.
You are right for Usher and Lil Wayne, I could see why, now that you put it this way lol. Yet it makes me sad to see that they don't get as much appreciation on the social networks, they are brilliant artists too, and have been around for longer..Same goes for Britney and Beyonce, and yeah, you are right. I guess it's just the way the world rolls though. *sigh*
Okay now, I don't wanna get into another pointless conversation about the Biebs and his talents. I mentioned him just because of the way the world perceives him, you know? He's on the cover of half the magazines...
You could be right about Katy Perry. I don't think it's about controversy as much though, they are just different in their music, image and messages they are trying to convey.

Once again, it just saddens me that other performers who are maybe even greater than Gaga don't get as much appreciation, and I'm not talking about the Biebs. Take the Jonas Brothers for example! :d Or Shakira.

Oh, and btw
Lady Gaga - 41,880,371 (fans on Fb)
Rihanna - 42,186,649
Eminem - 44,751,608

Rolleyes

i think she is being followed so much is because the fact that she a talent for making catchy songs and hardworking, then again she only has an ok voice..

but i'm glad she popular, she always mention her gay fans and i'm happy for that.