Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GCSE's
As yuo may know, the Giving Children Stupidity Exam's are on their way. Any tips on how to prepare. And it is chocolate good for concentration, if so, is white, milk, or plain better...

I don't think chocolate is good for concentration, but i think it's a damn good excuse to eat lots. White is my favourite so i'd say white.

As for preparation tips when i did mine i found doing past papers helped me most.

SumArtBloke Wrote:As yuo may know, the Giving Children Stupidity Exam's are on their way. Any tips on how to prepare. And it is chocolate good for concentration, if so, is white, milk, or plain better...

Giving Children Stupidity Exams Laugh never heard that before.
Easily amused Confusedmile:

If I am honest... I've never really done any hardcore revision for ANY of the subjects I've ever studied both at school, college and university...

It's quite shameful... but it just isn't me. Now I came out of my GCSEs with 2 A*, 5 As and 2 Bs... so I don't think that revision helps to be honest... I think it's a stress factor. Revision reminds people of their weak points i.e. things they find hard - I don't think it helps them understand it any more and just causes more worry and panic. Which is why I avoided it.

That said, there are some things you have to revise for. Equations for maths, facts and such for science etc. - but I never sat down for lengthy periods of time and revised. Instead I occasionally 'perused' my work. So yeah, that's just me though.

I wouldn't follow my advice if I were you Wink

I always just read up on the subjects in the weeks leading up...
Revision books and notes and that.
Sparkin memories of when you learnt it.

And, English Lang tip Wink, GCSE's should be GCSEs. With an apostrophe marks ownership. Without an apostrophe indicates pluralisation (probably not a word).
Woooot Grammar. :biggrin:

Wilem Wrote:I always just read up on the subjects in the weeks leading up...
Revision books and notes and that.
Sparkin memories of when you learnt it.

And, English Lang tip Wink, GCSE's should be GCSEs. With an apostrophe marks ownership. Without an apostrophe indicates pluralisation (probably not a word).
Woooot Grammar. :biggrin:

Think the word is plurality? Not sure though

Agrrhh, i'm in the middle of GCSEs now.
Hate them Sad

Are you planning on doing A-Levels??

If so, you'll realise how much you'd rather be doing GCSEs again!! lol

I brang in a lucozade but i dont know if it helped... i would say defo eat something in the morning i was starving in my exams lol

have you finished yet?

still got 9 exams left, lucozade is bad, btw, it makes ur energy levels go up nd down, chocolate has antioxidents in, they help ur brain or summat, and i'm doing a levels in english language, drama, psycology, and textiles.

antm55 Wrote:I brang in a lucozade but i dont know if it helped... i would say defo eat something in the morning i was starving in my exams lol

have you finished yet?

Don't want to sound preachy, Sean, but the past form of BRING is BROUGHT and I don't think it'll help to write BRANG in your GCSEs... even if they are Stupidity Exams. Wink