Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS is back!
(05-18-2020, 11:46 AM)marshlander Wrote: Bighug 

@eastofeden How lovely to see you again, dear friend
It is great to see you too!  Heart

One of the oldest things now on my computer is a post you made some years back I copied and kept in my file so I can smile (and stay silent - not an easy feat for me) when I let a homophobic religious person get under my skin. You have saved me so much time and cheered me up for years now without even knowing it - so thanks! I'll post it if you would like to see it. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • , Bookworm, InbetweenDreams

I can't remember what it was, but I'm glad to have been of use to someone! Feel free to share ... I'll probably glow with embarrassment  Blush

(05-19-2020, 11:31 AM)marshlander Wrote: I can't remember what it was, but I'm glad to have been of use to someone! Feel free to share ... I'll probably glow with embarrassment  Blush
Here is the gem - it is a brilliant response to an exasperating and seemingly endless barrage from that mindset - it has given me much solace and made me smile many times - so thanks Heart

You claim to have found solace in your religious beliefs. Your faith does not need to conflict with what I consider to be my rationality, but you are arguably among the most strident evangelists we have seen here and you deliver your arguments like sermons. I don’t think I shall be alone in feeling that this is not the place for your missionary work, but I (mostly) exercise my right to read or ignore. Quoting bible verses to back up your position is not a convincing route to sway the mind of anyone who sees limited value in the text you are using. If you wish to have any hope of engaging the interest of people like me you will have to meet us with some degree of rationality. Otherwise, you are literally preaching to the converted and your sermons come across merely as attempts to display your scriptural knowledge. If you are seeking to engage a wider audience than an existing core of believers you may as well stop trying. Suggesting that we have chosen to deny some kind of spiritual "truth" that has already been planted in our "hearts" is insulting and does you no favours.

1luvu 1luvu 1luvu
[-] The following 2 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • andy, InbetweenDreams

Welcome-back @eastofeden Smile
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • eastofeden

(05-19-2020, 09:42 PM)andy Wrote: Welcome-back @eastofeden Smile
(((((Andy))))) - thank you - and thanks for bringing it back. I have missed you and missed the board as well- hope you are doing well Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • andy, InbetweenDreams

*waves*
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Welcome-back  @eastofeden
[-] The following 1 member Likes MusicFanLover's post:
  • eastofeden