Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gahh
You're making above average... Things could be worse.

Quote:The High Pay Centre calculated that FTSE 100 chiefs on an average £4.3million took just two and a half days after the New Year break to top Britain’s £26,500 average salary.

New figures from the Office for National Statistics reveal the depths of low pay and the grotesque chasm between a rich one per cent and the other 99% of the country.

Four in five new jobs are in sectors averaging under £16,640 for a 40-hour week. Working full-time on the £6.31 hourly minimum wage would gross just £13,124 in a year.

And an explosion of part-time jobs shows millions of workers can’t even earn that pittance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-...z36tEYp7k9

One of the programmes on BBC Radio Four was about whether the government should be using tax payers'contributions to make people in society happy.
The result of the discussion seems to be that more equal pay makes happier people,(especially when the divide is far too big.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b048l0gf
YOU & YOURS, what makes us happy.

Jahed Wrote:You never get to win in this world
Success is a myth !

Who's 'YOU'? You or anyone? If it's anyone, well, we can't generalise because some people are apparently successful. If 'you' means 'I', then you can surely find ways of improving what's not good enough. You need drive, you need ambition, and probably some time (and that includes patience). Are you aiming for a lot of money? Is that the measure of success? Maybe you need to reassess what your priorities in life are and why you are not achieving your goals, or not achieving them fast enough.
Patience is a virtue, they say... maybe the world is trying to teach you something about that? But I don't think there's any good lesson to be learnt from greed or unfairness.

If you are healthy, well fed, live in a safe place, have a couple good people in your life, are genuinely happy, then you are hugely blessed and successful. How do you gauge your success?

Allow me to quote you some scripture from the Book of David:

14 The universe is a coin toss, its rules are simple:
"Heads I win, tails you lose"

15 Mind that is from the perspective of the universe.

[FONT=&quot]― Book of David 2:14-15[/FONT]

This doesn't mean the universe is out to get you, it is just a fundamental law of the universe one that you should expect to encounter all the time.

While they say in Las Vegas: 'The House Always Wins' unlike Las Vegas, the universe doesn't mind if you bend its own laws against it.

Failure is often an issue of not observing the potentials around us and utilizing those, failure is more or less caused by sticking to a plan that attempts to defy the laws of the universe - getting what one wants no matter the costs over going with the flow and taking from that flow what one needs.

Success:

What exactly is success in your mind?

I know society paints a picture of extravagant wealth as being 'successful' however the accumulation of 'stuff' only means you are good at accumulating 'stuff'.

Contentment is the key to success. If you are content with doing something that satisfies your heart, even if it means you live in a tiny trailer and don't have the latest technologies at your disposal, then you have real success. Success in life.

Being happy is tied into contentment. Contentment is satisfaction. Satisfaction brings true happiness.

I met many a homeless person who were content with that situation, a few even preferred being homeless over being home-full. Not because they were insane, but because they understood that for them the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar wasn't where happiness is found (for them).

Life is hard. This is the nature of life. It is as hard for the homeless guy as it is for Donald Trump. Granted the two forms of hardness lie in vastly different directions.

Life is what you make of it, and what you accept as being part of life for you.

Doesn't matter. I didn't ask for guidance or some sh!t. Just saying you won't win this world if you're average or lower.

Jahed Wrote:Doesn't matter. I didn't ask for guidance or some sh!t. Just saying you won't win this world if you're average or lower.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Well if you really feel that way....

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Am I supposed to laugh or something?

Actually wtf am I supposed to feel?

Camfer Wrote:If you are healthy, well fed, live in a safe place, have a couple good people in your life, are genuinely happy, then you are hugely blessed and successful. How do you gauge your success?

This,

Success is subjective. Sure it would be nice to have a 6 digit income, a mansion and my own collection of expensive cars, but how many people do you see in real life that have that and are complete losers in the end of it all.

I'm happy earning a decent salary, having good friends and looking forwards to buying a nice cheap rural property to live a relaxed country life on with some animals. Might sound pretty basic but after I work that is my idea of heaven (rich peeps can keep their island paradises).

Shiner Wrote:This,

Success is subjective. Sure it would be nice to have a 6 digit income, a mansion and my own collection of expensive cars, but how many people do you see in real life that have that and are complete losers in the end of it all.

I'm happy earning a decent salary, having good friends and looking forwards to buying a nice cheap rural property to live a relaxed country life on with some animals. Might sound pretty basic but after I work that is my idea of heaven (rich peeps can keep their island paradises).

Yeah...

Tooooshort.