Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones fans
Has anyone read the books?
An eye for an eye

Wade Wrote:You know nothing, Partisan.

"Corn, corn, corn...corn..." Bird

I'm nearly finished book six, just one more book to go so I think I'm ahead of the TV series.

My favorite characters are Tyrion and Jon Snow. He really puts his characters through the mill though, its excruciating!

Wade Wrote:You know nothing, Partisan.

Was that a general all-purpose statement. lol (And i liked you!) :p

partisan Wrote:Was that a general all-purpose statement. lol (And i liked you!) :p

Don't fret my little owl, it was just a Game of Thrones 'ism' Wink

partisan Wrote:Was that a general all-purpose statement. lol (And i liked you!) :p

No worries. Like Bookworm said, it's an oft-repeated line from the show/books. You should definitely watch/read 'em. They're a lot of fun.

Bookworm Wrote:Don't fret my little owl, it was just a Game of Thrones 'ism' Wink

Oh i see Rolleyes

I gotta lot of catching up to do... I must know something :biggrin:

I absolutely love GoT!! I've read the first book three times now and I'm currently reading the third. I've seen every episode so far as well and while there are some slight variations from the books, it's still a good show. I have not read the part about the Red Wedding but I'd had it spoiled for me so when I saw it on the show I knew what to expect.

My three favorite characters are Jon Snow (cause of the whole "trying to live up to his father's legacy" thing), Tyrion Lannister (cause he's such a smart ass), and Sam Tarly (cause he reminds me of me in a lot of ways).

I could set and talk about GoT all day! I'm totally obsessed with it! Just ask my boyfriend! LOL

i admit it took a while for me before i liked got. unlike trueblood, which got me hooked instantly, g.o.t. took a little warming up to. so far, season 3 was total bad@ss! cant wait to see what the queen of dragons does with her army in season 4.

and nope, i haven't read the books yet...starting one day soon...

I have such a love/hate relationship with GoT. Its like in the offseason I pretty much swear off watching GoT but as soon as a new season starts up and my bf wants to watch it, the show reels me in once again and I remember how awesome it is.(Especially Tyrion)

I think the same thing that got me hooked on GoT at the beginning is the same thing that is offputting now. In the beginning, the unexpected death of Ned Stark at the end of Season 1 got me totally hooked but now they've killed off so many characters that its like I have no idea who to get 'attached' to on the show cause they might be killed off. Without attachments to a character on a tv show, my interest quickly wanes.(not sure if attached is the right word here - I dont mean attached as in obsess over - I just mean someone to "root" to win for in the end.)

I do like how they mix it up to where a person you thought was bad might be good and vice versa. They certainly blur the line between the traditional good and bad characters.

since we're on GoT, what are some of your favorite lines?

e.g. "winter is coming"