Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones fans
Paraphrasing, but I remember from the books that the one-armed blacksmith at the wall told Jon once, concerning King Robert "Swords are made for fighting, and when they're hung up, all they do is rust."

I thought that was a perfect way to describe him.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:I have such a love/hate relationship with GoT. Its like in the offseason I pretty much swear off watching GoT but as soon as a new season starts up and my bf wants to watch it, the show reels me in once again and I remember how awesome it is.(Especially Tyrion)

I think the same thing that got me hooked on GoT at the beginning is the same thing that is offputting now. In the beginning, the unexpected death of Ned Stark at the end of Season 1 got me totally hooked but now they've killed off so many characters that its like I have no idea who to get 'attached' to on the show cause they might be killed off. Without attachments to a character on a tv show, my interest quickly wanes.(not sure if attached is the right word here - I dont mean attached as in obsess over - I just mean someone to "root" to win for in the end.)

I do like how they mix it up to where a person you thought was bad might be good and vice versa. They certainly blur the line between the traditional good and bad characters.

If you read the books you'll find that G.R.R. Martin loves to kill off characters as soon as the fans start to really like them. Makes for a helluva a time trying to get into the character development, but then again you have to keep in mind that this is no fairy tale with a happy ending.

trywait Wrote:since we're on GoT, what are some of your favorite lines?

e.g. "winter is coming"

I have so many favorite lines it's really hard to choose. One of them was Tyrion speaking to Jon about being who you are. "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." And then there was the banter between Tywion Lannister and the Elder Lady Tyrell about the "nocturnal activities" of Loras Tyrell and Jamie and Cersi Lannister respectively! Quite funny yet very poignant!

it is known

im still twice as clever as you

"dracarys"

as much as i haaaate ramsay snow / bolton , he pretty much sums up the entire show with this line :

"if you think this has a happy ending , you haven't been paying attention."

well I am glad at least Martin has told the creators of the show how the series is going to end cause the fucker is already 64 and will be 64 in Sept I think? He might well not be around to finish the last book(s)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSNVKtLceNy-pitKfR8MH...o7mt-BTQrA]

this interview with george rr martin was completely awesome . if i can find the full clip i'll post it , but for now this is my favorite bit :

[Image: nu2Mipb.jpg]