Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games and Gamers
Hey all.

I see myself as a fairly big gamer. I don't watch much television and pot really gets me in a gaming mood. For financial reasons I had to lay off getting many new games, but that's passed and I crave to get back into some good games and even better if I happen to get the chance to play with anyone.

So here's a place where I figure we could chat about games we enjoy, perhaps trade gamer tags, or just go round circle calling each other noobs ;P

I've got a PS3 and access to an Xbox360, but I mainly play PS3 (free connectivity ftw!). I have a mic and I only usually add people I meet if they have a mic as well. I've been thinking of a new game to Gamefly now that I've pretty much finished with Farcry 3, but I'm not sure what. I fall back on Dark Souls and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (Awesome that they allowed for a gay romance in single player!) as games that repeatedly entertain me, and I JUST started Assassin's Creed 3. Games waiting in my future are White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2 (I needed an RPG and these were cheap and looked like they had potential) and Borderlands 2. I LOVED Borderlands, but just haven't found the "oomph!" to play 2 yet.

Anyone have any suggestions for games? On the top of my Gamefly list is The Walking Dead, but I can be talked into something else. I'll keep my gamer tag off the thread so far just until I see how many others are interested in gaming.

RolleyesI love a good game of "Duck, Duck, Noob!"

The gay romance in ME3 was extraordinary. A cultural landmark I really believe.

I've got a 360, but I put in the closet during the semester lest I be lured away from my studies by a shiny new RPG (GaySpeak seems to be filling that void lately, though). However...

I can't resist the release of "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition." I just finished downloading it for my macbook. If you're a fan of RPGs and haven't tried Baldur's Gate, then I suggest you give it a try (if you haven't already). It uses DnD 2nd edition ruleset and was the direct predecessor of Dragon Age: Origins (DAII, not so much). It was made in 1998, but if out of date graphics don't bother you then it's a lot of fun with a great story.

I should have probably put away my game systems during college as well, but Diablo 2 had me addicted Smile I've heard great things about Baldur's Gate but never tried it. I might have to get used to 2nd edition DnD rules, but it's not difficult. The group I play with just prefers 3rd edition. I think it's about time I gave it a shot. Thanks.

I've never played DnD so I wouldn't know the difference either way. But I've heard 2nd edition is a bit more complicated, unnecessarily so.

I started playing it only a couple years ago. I like the pause and play aspect. It's a nice relaxing break from the fast paced standard of today. In a way it's very... quaint. I recommend checking out a few trailers or "let's plays" on youtube first and see what you think.

Now, quaintness is all well and good, but what I'm really excited about is Ubisoft's new IP Watch Dogs: