Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay!
I kinda think it's gotten to the point were it's just a double-meaning. A lot of people say things are gay, without even thinking about the connotations - it's just a word they say to express disdain without having to resort to swearing. Heck, I do it myself xD

Obviously there are some people who say it to offend, but I think a lot of the time it's just a matter of inherited language; it's so commonly used in that context that the word's taken a second meaning for a lot of people.

It's better to just ignore it, otherwise you'll be getting offended pretty often. After all, there have been many attempts to quell it, (the "when you say something's gay, you do realize what you say" adverts come to mind) but it's showing no signs of slowing down. That's slang for you :3

kidchameleon Wrote:I kinda think it's gotten to the point were it's just a double-meaning. A lot of people say things are gay, without even thinking about the connotations - it's just a word they say to express disdain without having to resort to swearing. Heck, I do it myself xD

Obviously there are some people who say it to offend, but I think a lot of the time it's just a matter of inherited language; it's so commonly used in that context that the word's taken a second meaning for a lot of people.

It's better to just ignore it, otherwise you'll be getting offended pretty often. After all, there have been many attempts to quell it, (the "when you say something's gay, you do realize what you say" adverts come to mind) but it's showing no signs of slowing down. That's slang for you :3

That was gay.

Arkansota Wrote:That was gay.

Pretty gay that you noticed Tongue

That's not gay I'm gay