Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay AA
I have had a drinking problem for years but up until now have failed to admit that I am an alcoholic. After really screwing up my last relationship I realized that the drink caused many of our arguments. He was very understanding but in the end the constant lies and deception fueled by my drinking led to us splitting up.

I have now been dry for a week and know I need to find help and support if I am going to continue to stay of the booze. Does anyone on this forum know of any chat groups or forums online that I can join or a gay AA group in London?

Here ya go.....

http://www.gayandsober.org/meeting-finder-great-britain

You already admitted you have a problem so the hardest part is over Seriously.....THAT IS THE HARDEST PART!!!

I would recommend going as soon as possible. I used to go to gay AA...I have been sober for over 30 years now....it works!!!

Well done for admitting that you an alcoholic. It took me a while to admit to my self that I am a alcoholic. Have been clean and sober now for 6 six years. Your on the right path to fighting your alcoholism. If you ever need a help or advice just send me a PM.
An eye for an eye

While I support AA as an institution that has helped MANY people over come alcohol addiction, I feel compelled to share with you, that not all alcoholics find the 12-program to be helpful. If it turns out that you are one of these people, please seek the help of a private therapist. There are many therapists who are using new programs that have excellent results! Smile
Best Wishes!
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:While I support AA as an institution that has helped MANY people over come alcohol addiction, I feel compelled to share with you, that not all alcoholics find the 12-program to be helpful. If it turns out that you are one of these people, please seek the help of a private therapist. There are many therapists who are using new programs that have excellent results! Smile
Best Wishes!
~Beaux

I also support AA but it wasn't for me either!
An eye for an eye

While I do like to drink, I would not say I'm an alcoholic. However I do have a serious drug problem, so I know all to well the grasp addiction can have on you.

Everyone is different and different things work for different people. Some would say that admitting you have a problem is the hardest part, but I have admitted to having a problem for many years, and for me the hardest part is temptation.

Once you become an addict, there is no cure, you can only try to control your urges.

What sometimes works for me is to distance myself from people and places that enable me to slip back into my addictive ways.

I really don't have any great advice though, since my demons always find a way back. All I can do is wish you luck and let you know I understand what your going through.