Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay: Biologically Abnormal?
hahah great, Piss of the moderator....

m.nd Wrote:I am sure I have not irritated anybody. My responses are not irritating at all. Can you please point out what exactly is irritating in my responses? I will appreciate that.

And my question is perfectly worded. If you are not science-inclined please do not attempt to answer or even read the question.
Thank you.

m.nd

First of all, choose your words carefully please. You are speaking to a Moderator/Admin of the forum and I for one will not tolerate your attitude on this forum.

Secondly, your previous answers are patronising, and somewhat annoying.

Therefore, you will accept this as notice of your 1st warning.

I understand where m.nd is coming from though......and I guess it depends on your look at mother nature.

If you go with the opinion that at the beginning we are all built with the intention on pro-creation, furthering the species and adpating for life on planet earth. If this was simply the case I would say that your argument for homosexuality being un-natural and breaking the boundaries of pro-creative law to be correct.

However...we evolved and grew brains, and grew technology and thus are actually killing the earth. So maybe it is now that mother nature has turned the tables on us....thus wanting to protect the earth, cull our species....thus in that aspect, in terms of mother nature, homosexuality WOULD be natural, a natural means of counter attacking the human race at taking over.

Unfortunately for mother nature though we have brains, artificial insemination etc etc, so all her dear gays are breeding too! HAH! Back at you mother nature! :biggrin:

geofflondon Wrote:I understand where m.nd is coming from though......and I guess it depends on your look at mother nature.

If you go with the opinion that at the beginning we are all built with the intention on pro-creation, furthering the species and adpating for life on planet earth. If this was simply the case I would say that your argument for homosexuality being un-natural and breaking the boundaries of pro-creative law to be correct.

However...we evolved and grew brains, and grew technology and thus are actually killing the earth. So maybe it is now that mother nature has turned the tables on us....thus wanting to protect the earth, cull our species....thus in that aspect, in terms of mother nature, homosexuality WOULD be natural, a natural means of counter attacking the human race at taking over.

Unfortunately for mother nature though we have brains, artificial insemination etc etc, so all her dear gays are breeding too! HAH! Back at you mother nature! :biggrin:

wow interesting!YelclapXyxthumbs

Well my personal opinion is that if you breed you also bleed (the planet dry that is). Procreation has gone too far and I for one think that the number of offspring one has does not prove how strong you are and how fit you are. Au contraire, you are merely, as agent Smith says, following the same pattern as a virus, multiplying and destroying the planet by consuming all its resources and polluting the atmosphere.

Not to mention that a lot of economies suffer because they have more children than they can cope with which need to be provided for and are dependent on their parents and the state.

Obviously this is why we have smaller sized families in the more developed countries. They have emerged because of wonderful things like birth control and because they are more efficient, economical, and are better at performing their tasks than larger, unsustainable families are. I remember studying this at A-level Sociology, so we had all this demographic stuff drilled into us at a young age!

Therefore, nothing's wrong with homosexuals and those who don't have children. I for one htink it to be quite ridiculous when people simply 'breed' and have more children than they can cope with. What do they plan to do with these excess children anyway? Start an army or something? I think we need strict population control policies ASAP.

Therefore, homosexuality is not a defect; if there is any defect going on in the human race it comes from those who in fact do the opposite; have ridiculously large families which neither they nor the planet can handle and who then reproduce further and use up all of our limited resources.

Sorry for the rant, but I am quite an environmentalist and I admit I have strong opinions on this subject.

interesting viewpoints from everyone.. biologically abnormal, maybe.. as with many other socially acceptable and unacceptable forms of humans :-)

We actually discussed this in my evolution and heredity course.

in the fruit fly drosohpila they can splice in/out a gay gene that will cause a male fruit fly to mate with another male depending if the gene is turned on or off. According to different articles and studies, a gay gene is very much possible in people... but none of these studies found evidence as to why lesbianism occurs in human females.

They believe the gay gene is on the short arm of the X chromosome and only affects men, kinda like the balding thing. Since men are XY and women are XX, the X gene can only be passed on by the mother. It has also been added that women that have gay offspring tend to be more fertile which is an evolutionary benefit.

So basically, it is possibly a mutation that benefits the human race due to increased fertility of the female that carries this "gay" gene. Sorry I'm a big old nerd.

futureRD Wrote:We actually discussed this in my evolution and heredity course.

in the fruit fly drosohpila they can splice in/out a gay gene that will cause a male fruit fly to mate with another male depending if the gene is turned on or off. According to different articles and studies, a gay gene is very much possible in people... but none of these studies found evidence as to why lesbianism occurs in human females.

They believe the gay gene is on the short arm of the X chromosome and only affects men, kinda like the balding thing. Since men are XY and women are XX, the X gene can only be passed on by the mother. It has also been added that women that have gay offspring tend to be more fertile which is an evolutionary benefit.

So basically, it is possibly a mutation that benefits the human race due to increased fertility of the female that carries this "gay" gene. Sorry I'm a big old nerd.

Wow, that's pretty cool. All I remember doing with drosohpila is having them glued to cocktail sticks and doing strange experiments with them! Poor little things! I'm as nerdy as you, so its all cool! :biggrin:

It is really interesting stuff to study, but I changed majors ... which is bitter sweet. I am learning about nutrition now and left the biology degree behind.... even though by doing the nutrition degree I have now completed the biology degree.... but w/e. Rolleyes