Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay... But WHY?
my parents thought it was the "devil" in my thoughts so took me to our minister-to "cure" me. it didnt work and now my parents are set on the idea that ive got a "devil" influence. i dont understand them as there intelligent people-my dads a lawyer and my mums a doctor yet then again we are mormons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apart from me the devil child, lol!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that I think is really bad is the amount of pressure people in organised religion place upon homosexuals as individuals to either change or conform, having little- to no-regard for the way that either makes the individual homo in question feel, or how it can make them feel totally devalued as individuals.

I think it's a natural that every child wants to be loved by its parents (fine, as we grow older, sometimes things happen that cross the line and sometimes things get irreparably damaged), and so to put children particularly in that type of scenario is more than just negligent in my eyes - it's both irresponsible parenting AND borderline extortionate - it's one of the more subtle "you must choose" scenarios, and I just can't abide that, sorry.

... oh ... and I HHAATTEE Olives too by the way Wink.

Cool.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

The interesting part is that no where in the original bible, in Greek or Hebrew does it say anything about homosexuality. It has certain rules...ie. no sex with temple prostitutes, no sex with a man in the bed of your wife, and a few others....but not about same sex attractions. Over the years in the revised addition they have played religious "telephone" with the bible....changing the meaning subtley to fit into whomever was translatings personal opinions at the time.

The sad thing is the religious pick and choose. Where they take no sex with temple prostitutes as meaning "gay is evil"....thou shalt not covet they neighbors wife doesn't mean no heterosexuality, just don't cheat.

There are some really great websites that give all kinds of interesting slants on the different versions of the bible over the years and that particular times take on same sex relationships. The funny thing is is that nowhere did god ever say NO GAY SEX. There are tons of straight forward rules that leave nothing to the imagination...so if god really cared, why not one big commandment. NO GAY SEX. No wiggle room, no misinterpritations...No means no. But nope, the bible never says that. Just like straight sex there are rules to follow.

Perhaps because he or she doesn't really care.