Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Characters...Worth The Wait
East Wrote:Then there was Keller and Beecher on OZ

Dr George Huang on L&O SVU is a great gay character

On Nurse Jackie...I loved Mo Mo...he is Muslim...and he is gay...GREAT CHARACTER!

I'm glad tha there's someone else who likes "Nurse Jackie". The present gay character Thor, is very likable also. Not my type but very likable all the same.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I'm glad tha there's someone else who likes "Nurse Jackie". The present gay character Thor, is very likable also. Not my type but very likable all the same.
Oh yeah...I like him as well. I tried to find the clip once a while back when he was the nurse and he was helping the older gay man who had been singing at the piano in the piano bar pass...with dignity. It was so touching....and beautiful. Th guy was proud of his sobriety and didn't want any pain meds...and he wanted Jackie to give him his last rites...really great episode...

Jerry Wrote:And of course Sex and The City in 1998 with that bald guy, but I´ve forgotten his name. I didn´t quite like him though, I don´t know why.....alright, I know....I saw something familiar in him, like me.
Hhmmm...

Oh yeah...he has been on White Collar for several years with gay actor Matt Bomer. I don't think he is gay in the show but he is a good actor

East Wrote:Oh yeah...I like him as well. I tried to find the clip once a while back when he was the nurse and he was helping the older gay man who had been singing at the piano in the piano bar pass...with dignity. It was so touching....and beautiful. Th guy was proud of his sobriety and didn't want any pain meds...and he wanted Jackie to give him his last rites...really great episode...

That was the last episode of Season 5 I believe. I liked it also.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:That was the last episode of Season 5 I believe. I liked it also.

Yeah...I remember it was the season ender. I want to watch it again. I was tearing up too much the first time....

For me..it reminded me of when I first started bartending..you have to work the cocktail hour first before you can get any night shifts...and I loved so many of the older guys there...in their 50s/60s/70s/80s...they watched out for me and I learned alot from them...and so many different personalities...shaped alot I suppose from their individual life circumstances.

So many of them I knew were pretty much all alone in the world and it upset me thinking of them having to die alone...so that episode hit home for me....it was sad...but it made me happy that he was not alone and that Thor honored him...and that he cared....and that he understood that it was guys like him that made it easier for him....

Loved when Willow came out as a lesbian on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

for a while I loved Kurt and Blaine on Glee, but then it seemed that every character on the show was gay or lesbian. They were flying out of the closet. LOL

Also love Mitch & Cam of Modern Family
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The gay tv moment that surprised me the most was The Legend of Korra's ending. To those that don't know, it is a Nickelodeon show that is targeted to kids and that was what made it such an extra shock.

If this topic is still active by the time I get 50 posts then I will link the video, lol.

Albie Wrote:The gay tv moment that surprised me the most was The Legend of Korra's ending. To those that don't know, it is a Nickelodeon show that is targeted to kids and that was what made it such an extra shock.

If this topic is still active by the time I get 50 posts then I will link the video, lol.

i have nothing against korrasami, but it felt like a contrived, i.e. forced, pairing in the end.

in all honesty, I would have preferred the new team avatar 2: korra, bolin, mako, and asami all take that vacation together into the spirit world and left it open ended with all of them holding hands...

but that was just me.

side bar: willow turning lesby on buffy was totally cool! witches rock!

I know others who thought korrasami was rushed, too. But after watching the series again with the ending in mind they show hints. Like the fact that Korra would only write Asami while she was away. Asami's reaction when she came back, giving her a big hug. Korra blushing when Asami compliments her hair.

Albie Wrote:I know others who thought korrasami was rushed, too. But after watching the series again with the ending in mind they show hints. Like the fact that Korra would only write Asami while she was away. Asami's reaction when she came back, giving her a big hug. Korra blushing when Asami compliments her hair.

sometimes it was tongue in cheek but for me, the "aha" scene was during the reunion episode before korra and asami met up. it was the magazine that asami was reading with the two girls on the cover.

that was the moment when I had a feeling, that was going to be the end game...in spite of that, the animation was TOTALLY AWESOME! especially in s4e10-suyin v. kuvira! that was the sh!t

and the finale...team avatar ensemble v. kuvira's colossus!

but I digress...I will always be a fan of the avatarverse!