Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Characters on TV... there's a lot of 'em!
Record High for Gay Characters on TV, Study Says - NYTimes.com

It's cool that TV features some more gay characters. It shows how far we have come. It's great to know that. However, it's not gonna make me watch more TV.

The ones I admire the most are Justin and Austin from "Ugly Betty". I havent seen the series at all, but have watched all the scenes with those two stunners.

I don't watch many network primetime programs to begin with. But sometimes I do check out a series if it does have a gay storyline. I do watch, Trueblood and Torchwood specifically because there is a gay storyline. Having said that, there isn't any orignal programming on LOGO (a gay cable network here in the US) that I will watch.

I would like to see more OUT gay actors playing these roles or, for that matter, any role. Despite all its talk, Hollywood really isn't all that gay friendly.

I would like to see out gay actors as gay characters too. Though I wouldn't mind this... a character comes out as gay on the show and then he comes out in real life.

I like Andrew (Bree's son) in desperate housewives Big Grin smart and charming.

Ryhunt86 Wrote:I don't watch many network primetime programs to begin with. But sometimes I do check out a series if it does have a gay storyline. I do watch, Trueblood and Torchwood specifically because there is a gay storyline. Having said that, there isn't any orignal programming on LOGO (a gay cable network here in the US) that I will watch.

I would like to see more OUT gay actors playing these roles or, for that matter, any role. Despite all its talk, Hollywood really isn't all that gay friendly.

You should try to watch queer as folks and Dante's Cove

conechvn Wrote:I like Andrew (Bree's son) in desperate housewives Big Grin smart and charming.
... not to mention devious! Smart and charming - isn't that how we get the word smarmy? Wink

My fav right now Caprica's Sam Adama.
Oh not familiarly here's the rundown.

Sam Adama is portrayed by Sasha Roiz. He is an enforcer for the Ha'la'tha crime syndicate on Caprica, using a pair of knives as his weapons of choice, notably assassinating a government official who insulted and threatened both the Ha'la'tha and Sam's own brother. His brother is Joseph Adama, and both are orphans from Tauron. Sam Adama is gay, and is married to a man named Larry. His patron god is Mars. Sam is fiercely proud of his heritage, and occasionally jokes about Joseph changing his ways to fit in with Caprican society. However, Sam is very loyal to his family, taking young William under his wing as Joseph mourns for his wife and daughter. After Amanda Graystone (unbeknownst to anyone, falsely) reveals that her daughter was one of the terrorists that caused Shannon and Tamara's deaths, Sam enthusiastically aids his brother in confronting Daniel Graystone, beating the scientist before Joseph speaks to him. Later, Joseph requests that Sam murder Amanda to "balance it out" between himself and Graystone. Although Sam accepts, he is called off by a guilty Joseph before he can actually harm her.

marshlander Wrote:... not to mention devious! Smart and charming - isn't that how we get the word smarmy? Wink

Haha I guess so. Actually, I like him because I can relate myself to him, either family background or characteristic. (I admit that I am very tricky sometimes Big Grin ) In addition, my friend told me that I have a bottom-look face and I think so does Andrew Rolleyes

Either way, he is super cute Big Grin

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:The ones I admire the most are Justin and Austin from "Ugly Betty". I havent seen the series at all, but have watched all the scenes with those two stunners.

Ugly Betty is awesome Tongue you should watch it! though I think it got canceld :confused:

conechvn Wrote:... I can relate myself to him, either family background or characteristic. ...
You don't have a mother like Bree??? You poor lamb!! :eek: