Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Disney Movies
I'm not too sure in Andersen was gay. Some say he was, but he's dead, so I suppose it's a little too late to ask him. :redface: Anyway, I just wish Disney would go ahead and make a gay or lesbian movie. They make movies against racism, so why not one against homophobia?

JisthenewK Wrote:I'm not too sure in Andersen was gay. Some say he was, but he's dead, so I suppose it's a little too late to ask him. :redface: Anyway, I just wish Disney would go ahead and make a gay or lesbian movie. They make movies against racism, so why not one against homophobia?

Because they're motivated by profit and much of their target market would not bring their children to a movie about gay people.

Hello,
You will be lucky to ever see a disney cartoon even feature an obvious gay character in it... I found out through my ex landlord who used to do production work that disney are a bunch of bastards and a corporation that will ruin whatever they see right to do so... Furthermore they are a homophobic organisation as well apparently which some of the cartoons can give that off... You'd never think enid blyton wrote books about child neglect..

That's horrible to hear! There really NEEDS to be a gay cartoon character or movie about homosexuality for young children. Homosexual boys and girls need role models too. I wish I had one when I realized I was gay a few years ago. This is something I find very important.

Disney used to be infamous for being antisemitic as well (even their anti-nazi propaganda cartoon made in WW2 didn't defend the Jews) but in Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable is Jewish and they make a big deal out of it in a few eps and have clearly turned around (ironically the cartoon was more favorable to Judaism than Christianity). For that matter there's a lot of "gay subtext" between the heroine KP and the villain Shego, but that's a topic that starts a lot of huge debate between KP fans so I won't explain it, especially as I'm not sure how intentional it is or not (I am convinced that some at Disney like to see what crap they can get passed the radar, like the brother-sister incest subtext in Wizards of Waverly Place eps until the movie went so far that many were commenting on it and the writers were then forced to make it clear there was nothing between them).

So one day I'm sure they'll have at least a semi-gay hero at least. The sad part is it won't happen until they're sure they can turn a profit doing it (which means any positive impact will be minimal to nonexistent). Actually I'm not even sure why there's resistance given that so many Christians already boycott Disney as too immoral and promoting witchcraft (and I vaguely recall that yes they did cater to gays on vacation, or at least did a few years ago).

Disney fans really wanting to see Disney go gay might like this...this is an example of "Liley" ("Lilly + Miley" slash from Hannah Montana invented by fans of the show), and a great many who make these are straight teenage girls (or at least many say they're straight). I thought this one was well done, though if you're not familiar with the series I can see how it would be confusing (as it recuts it from scenes where the actresses that play them are 13-16):

While I'm at it here's a pure music video with some manips to make them look like they're kissing (though most of it is simply as it was) and I thought it was really sweet (made me smile when I saw it):

This fandom used to be huge (of course Hannah was kinda like the Beatles in popularity to tween girls and many teens so despite it being huge it was probably still a small minority of fans).

Here's a recut of Kim Possible and Shego (called a "Kigo"):

Plenty of eps actually had subtext that suggested this. Like "Clean Slate" seemed to explore just how wrong KP and Ron were for each other (I'm not only into Kigo, and I can list my reasons, but I think Ron should be with Yori the ninja girl, and that's another very popular pairing). Just one example that suggests KP and Shego could be very good for each other is this one (it helps to be a fan as this references past eps, like where Ron was turned evil with the same device that turned Shego good as well as the ep that explained Team Go):

For those who watched that and want to see Part 2, here it is, starting off with KP and Shego together (and KP ditches her boyfriend Ron to go to the movies with Shego instead):

I (like many other fans) believe it was no accident that Ron turned Shego evil again because he was jealous at how much better Shego got along with KP than he did.

And while not gay I think this is hilarious (as well as showing many of the "fem dom" aspects I noticed in the movie Tangled, unintentional or otherwise):

I've thought about sharing this vid before saying it was "the best Disney song in a movie ever" just to see how many were fooled (I bet there'd be at least one...) Rofl

And to show that this movie DOES encourage a certain feminine attitude, here's this:

Roflmao

well there is hope of one day having a gay movie or animated movie of a GAY nature.

After all Disney world has a gay/rainbow day at the park every year

OrphanPip Wrote:I used to have a professor who thought the Little Mermaid was an allegorical representation of Andersen's homosexuality. So, maybe Disney made a gay movie unintentionally. A lot of gay subtext can be read into Andersen's fairy tales.

I think it's interesting how much of mainstream media can also be interpreted as gay.
Richard