Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Films
Thanks Pip for that fascinating post.

I'd like to note two other films. The first fits into the coming out genre, A Man of no Importance. Set in 1960s Dublin, the protagonist is a closeted middle-aged bus conductor with a passion for the plays of Oscar Wilde. The plot revolves around his attempt to put on an amateur performance of Salome, his relationships with the other characters and finally him being outed. I add it to the discussion because although it's a coming out drama it is so different to the usual in that genre.

The second film I'd like to mention is Save Me. It's about a sex and drug addicted young gay man who, at the urging of his family, enters a Christian ex-gay rehab program. There he meets one of the other inmates and they eventually fall in love and abscond together. So far so predictable, what really makes the film is the performance of Judith Light as the woman who runs the program. She really manages to show how such people can, however misguided, be truly motivated by Christian love not hate.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though a few were mentioned that I've seen over and over but it's fine. "Latter Days" happens to be one of my favorites. But, thanks guys you really helped out.

try Love of Siam - very romantic gay love story about two high school bestfriends

"Just a question of love"- its a beautiful gay movie..one of my favorites!

For me, the Wedding Banquet, Formula 17 and Breakfast with Scott.

A Single Man is the best movie I've ever seen Smile You should watch it.

My Beautiful Launderette - Daniel Day Lewis film

Other than "Shortbus," "Ken Park", "9 songs" and "All About Anna" (actually, two of these aren't even gay lol), are there any films that contain real ejaculation in them? haha

I like to see guys coming in mainstream movies. More specifically, I like to see it direction come out of the dick; that way, I know that it's not fake. lol

To me one of the greatest gay films of all times is "beautiful thing" the story was.awsome n the actors cute.

I didn't watch many gay films before...only Brokeback Mountain and The wedding banquet, both are awesome

Great threat anyway, now i know where to spend my spare time in the coming weeks before school starts! Thanks a lot~:biggrin: