Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Mormon
There is nothing wrong with celibacy, but when you are choosing it, because of a religion that really thinks nothing of you, then it's a problem. That's why I am not for it here, but it is his life, so he can do what he wants. He even said in interviews that his life will suck, but he's doing this for what he believes in. Like I said, he can do what he wants, but I think he probably won't stick to it.

Whoa Whoa - there you go jumping to contusions again - LDS thinks about gays, its wrong to act out on homosexuality, but its OK to be Gay. Lots of thought was put into that before they reached that conclusion.

Other men and women choose celibacy for their religion all the time, Priests, Monks, Friars, Nuns....

People can choose to be monks and nuns. If you're gay in the Mormon or Catholic Church (I'm sure most others too), it's a life of celibacy, unless you force yourself to marry a person of the opposite sex. I said he can do whatever he wants and maybe he is happier this way, but I do think he could be missing out. I can't help, but feel for him. Oh and by the way, most LDS I know don't go by that "love the sinner, hate the sin" attitude. Take Boyd K. Packer, for example. He spews some hate speech. A lot of them I know believe it's a choice, reparative therapy can cure it, and Prop 8 was a blessing. What bothers me is that he actually believes he will go to a lower kingdom of Heaven or be excommunicated not being celibate. Church should be a hospital for the sinners, not a courtroom to judge people.

There's nothing wrong with celibacy. After the loosing of my big V I was celibate for three years. Like this guy, I had quite the religious upbringing and needed more time to understand not just being gay, but being a sexual being and being ok with that being outside of the confines of Christianity.

If I had to guess, this guy will one day meet another nice guy and nature will drive him to do what nature does best. That said, some people are asexual and do not wish to make physical contact at all and even have no sexual desire, but might still be emotionally attracted to their own gender. An unusual thing to think about, as for most of us, sex is so intrinsically connected with emotion.

About religion though, well I'm an atheist. To me, it's a waste of life to not have sex just for the sake of a god who probably isn't there. The fact that we're gay, let's be frank, is natural selection at work. If there was a god, then by definition of such his creation must be perfect. Being gay is not a choice, and therefore the existence of us, not optimised for reproduction, is in my mind strong evidence that there is no god. And that's why they hate us so much, because we're the proof that keeps being born, can't be extincted and can't be "cured". If there is a god, he sure has an odd sense of humour. Wikipedia has an interesting section on why natural selection has let the fabulous continue to be so: Biology_and_sexual_orientation#Sexual_orientation_and_evolution

pellaz Wrote:since i am assuming the OP, any many others, dont choose it as best option.
Celibacy is in this case, is some one else saying your unfit to co habitat with another like human

its like the back of the bus with you because your unclean

^THAT^
I hate that.