Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Nude Resorts in Key West?
There will be many situations when you'll be quite justified in saying, "Hell no!"

I'm not about to get into any crossfire though, so I'll let your therapist handle it. Big Grin

AdamAndWill Wrote:Will: Once again, the voice of reason.

I'm not even sure what I was thinking. The friends who invited us are all single, which should have been a clue. I guess I thought if I went with my original thought -, which was HELL, no - it was going to sound like I was still the same unreasonable jerk and hadn't learned anything in therapy. Them, when Adam found the idea of me going there so hysterically funny,I dug in my heels.

The vacation idea is great. THIS vacation was an idiotic brain fart on my part. Enough said...

You don't have to be a jealous psycho-bitch to find this type of vacation unreasonable. You're a couple. You're parents. You're not single "whores" looking for casual hookups on spring break or Mardi Gras like teenagers. If I were scheduling a relaxing romantic vacation with my BF a nude hookup resort wouldn't be in my top 20 list. Gay friendly, yes. Perhaps a stripper bar near by to watch - but not participate in. ... and I'm probably somewhat of a prude, but I wouldn't want my BF and I parading around naked in front of our friends, either.

It isn't jealousy to me, it's what I feel is appropriate boundaries and respect for the relationship.

Age and situation appropriate.

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]Okay people stand down!
Will has switched on his left brain functions
The intervention is called off.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm not torn on this.

My answer is NO.

No you are not going to a nude beach anywhere until your therapist says 'now is the time to test what you have learned.'

Safety first. You two have only been working on stuff what two months? That is not a long enough time to have worked through 'crap' and gotten resolution. Definitely way too early to be testing our resolve and stuff.

I would say give it a year - the beaches have been there about 10,000 years, I assure you they will be there for a few more years... It's at least 25 years before Florida is submerged under the waves of Global warming.

Personally, I don't think I'd be comfortable going to an exclusively gay nude beach, let alone if I was in a couple... I mean yeah I'd go to a nude beach, I've gone skinny-dipping with friends and it was a lot of fun, but I don't know about this one. Just the idea that it's specifically for gay guys suggests to me that there's some kind of sexual undertone to the place... just sounds like there'd be a lot of predatory guys lurking around, as well as those assholes who go judging those of us who don't look like they belong on a magazine cover. In any case, walking around with my privates exposed to the brutal Florida sun doesn't really strike me as a great way to meet a nice guy.

There's a nude beach not far from Pensacola beach where Jay and I are going next May for the big gay thing they do every year. We will get to the nude beach at least once

My brain always reads "Key West" as "Kayne West." And yes, I believe Kanye West does have a gay nude resort or two... or seven.

(Adam) Trust me, this is NOT going to happen. We saw our therapist last night and even she was Rofl - he's going to have to find a different way to impress us with how much he's changed. I guess it was mean of me to fall down laughing when he brought it up, but OMG...

Thanks to all of you for knocking some sense into him...and giving him permission to not do what he didn't want to do in the first place but for some reason thought he should be open to.

Borg69 Wrote:I'm a little torn...

You guys are working on your relationship problems as it is, AND parents.

While I think you could use a little nudge to your comfort zone, I'm not sure either of these options are good. I think you guys could use a romantic vacation, but not as parents, and not in some wild, nudist, hook up resort, and not at Disney World.

You guys should take some time out with just the two of you, and reconnect as a couple, and not flirting with the single life, and not submerged as parents.

Terrific advice.

Wade Wrote:My brain always reads "Key West" as "Kayne West." And yes, I believe Kanye West does have a gay nude resort or two... or seven.

Thanks, now I'm doing it.

Facepalm