Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Parties
I remember only once where my at-the-time roommate and I hosted a New Years Party and weeks later there were people we didn't know in the bar talking about it. That was kind of strange, but like [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] said, the cops didn't come and nothing disappeared.

Big house parties definitely used to be the thing. Particularly before the 2008/2009 economic meltdown and in an age where more than half the guys under 30 weren't still living in their parent's house.

....but times changed....a lot of us shifted to smaller dinner parties with less din as we became partnered....and now, I imagine that these big parties would be packed with beautiful things standing and sitting around checking out Grindr or txting one another in the room.....

East Wrote:Hmmm...maybe it is regional then? I would say that 3/4 of mine were in San Jose/Silicon Valley...and the others were in San Francisco or somewhere closeby ....or Santa Cruz or Monterey...but there were ALOT of them!

I loved going to gay parties...

that sounds so very reminiscent of the opening scene from the "normal heart" movie starring matt bomer and mark ruffalo

Rareboy Wrote:Big house parties definitely used to be the thing. Particularly before the 2008/2009 economic meltdown and in an age where more than half the guys under 30 weren't still living in their parent's house.

....but times changed....a lot of us shifted to smaller dinner parties with less din as we became partnered....and now, I imagine that these big parties would be packed with beautiful things standing and sitting around checking out Grindr or txting one another in the room.....

Weren't the big gay parties just real-life version of Grindr? A way for horny guys to meet up with other horny guys?

Darius Wrote:100 gay men together doesn't sound like a party I would want to attend. And no, I am not self loathing.
It could be a bit daunting, even just to people who aren't comfortable in big crowds. Nothing abnormal about that, Darius.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:At first I thought you meant like circuit parties, but I'm gathering you mean house parties?

It is a different world, to be sure. There are a lot fewer bars than there used to be, too. I blame not only the apps but the fact that people are more integrated and hang out in mixed crowds. Or I'm just old and not in the know.

There is one very nice guy, a friend of a friend really, who kind of adopted me when the mutual friend moved away. He has a great Halloween party every year, for which he has his whole house wired for special effects and decorations. Then he bought a shore house, and I've been invited there a few times too. Not really in a position to reciprocate so I helped out with some reno projects instead.
I think you've got the analysis pretty right there. Gay people no longer have to hang out at parties to find sex, and people go to parties for other pursuits, ie mix with people, so they can go to straight-couple of gay-couple held parties with their new partners and not look out of place.

your so lucky East to have the memories of the partys mate ....wish I could find a bunch of gay guys to have a McDonalds with let alone tear it up - you must have had so much fun and met some great friends

Cuddly Wrote:Weren't the big gay parties just real-life version of Grindr? A way for horny guys to meet up with other horny guys?

I guess I am not sure what grindr actually is...dating? Sex?...have never been there but hear it referenced (and complained about) a lot....

...and of course it was a chance to meet other guys but as big of a slut as I was...I was mostly into conversation and having fun with my friends and/or making new ones...didn't really think much about hookups or sex. My mind switched gears I guess at a party...I was more likely to have a crush on a guy than want to fuck one....

matty7 Wrote:your so lucky East to have the memories of the partys mate ....wish I could find a bunch of gay guys to have a McDonalds with let alone tear it up - you must have had so much fun and met some great friends

It was fun matty...I wish you could have gone to some of them too...I would have invited you....

It might be weird today though because so many people kina live on cell phones...and take a lot of pictures. I wouldn't really be cool with anyone taking my picture at a party...

trywait Wrote:that sounds so very reminiscent of the opening scene from the "normal heart" movie starring matt bomer and mark ruffalo

I never saw that but probably you are right. One I can think of is in It's My Party...not "why" he was having a party...but the general feeling was there....