Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Pride? This thread is to show successful GLBT, so you can follow their example!
Let's focus on the positive, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender people who have succeeded in spite of prejudice against GLBT. Please share people you admire who are successful GLBT, and share your comments.

Now you might have someone in mind who appeals to you, but you do not know if they are GLBT. Put them in as well, maybe someone will discover if they are one of us. And remember we like to mention straights who are "GLBT Friendly." Let's show some PRIDE! This is your thread about your community.

Ellen DeGeneres changed the face of sitcom (and gay) history when both she and her character came out in 1997. However, she suffered for her openness, going through a rough patch in her career before her talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show put her back on top in 2003.

Her first high-profile lesbian relationship was with actress Anne Heche, who had previously only dated men. They had a rather nasty and public split in 2000 and DeGeneres then went out with actress Alexandra Hedison, before finding the true love of her life in Arrested Development star Portia de Rossi.

They got married in the summer of 2008, a marriage that is still legal, because it occurred prior to the passing of Prop 8.

[Image: cvr_pep.jpg]

Ellen & Portia. Ellen is in it's fifth season weekday afternoons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_de_Rossi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_DeGeneres

[Image: ellen.jpg]

Now this is Kelly Blatz also known as Disney's Aaron Stone from television series. This guy is just way toooooooooo hot for me! :eek: Biggthumpup

I live in the Hollywood area, and go to GLBT clubs personally, but sometimes business brings me into straight clubs. I was in a well-known Italian eatery and dance club late one night. Kelly Blatz was there in a lip lock with a woman that went on for quite sometime before they left. Is Kelly Blatz gay? Probably not. Is Kelly Blatz Bi or Gay? Who knows what he does in his own home. Here in California the answer to, "Is he gay?" is "Who cares?"

Now it is not that open everywhere, we still have to wear masks out here at work. If you are in an environment that you are unsure about, be cautious about exposing your GLBT side, we are not yet where we want to be in the straight world.

google ( lgbt famous )

Otep Shamaya. lead singer and artist of art metal band Otep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otep_Shamaya

I was thinking about doing something along these exact lines. I'm glad you did it.

Hmmm . . . I guess I will start with the Renaissance of western culture.

Leonardo Da Vinci (Artist, Architect, Inventor):

[Image: spspIMG1263.jpg]

Michelangelo Buonarroti (Known simply as Michelangelo, Italian Artist and Architect):

[Image: michaelangelo.jpg]

Giovanni Antonio Bazzi (Il Sodoma, The Sodomite, Italian Artist):

[Image: Sodoma%20SelfP%20at%20M%20Oliveto%20PR.jpg]

Christopher Marlowe (English Author):

[Image: marlowe.jpg]

Francis Bacon might have been too, the 17th century biographer John Abrey wrote that it was a well-known fact that Bacon was a "pederast." Bacon was married women though.

Marlowe probably did have same-sex relationships, which also brings up Edward II, who was executed for his mismanagement of England and spending a fortune on his male favourites.

There are probably a load of authors I could list, Henry James, Oscar Wilde, Arthur Rimbaud, Paul Verlaine, Andre Gide (who won the Nobel for lit), Marcel Proust, W.S. Maugham, W.H. Auden, Gore Vidal, James Baldwin, Christopher Isherwood, and T. Williams.

Canada's longest serving PM, William Lyon Mackenzie King, might have been gay. He was a lifelong bachelor never attached with any woman in public, and his diaries faun over all sorts of men; he also might have frequented female prostitutes though.

[Image: c027645.jpg]

Lily Tomlin is my gay "hero"...she has been openly gay and with her partner Jane Wagner for many years but never discusses her sexuality...this is the example I took for myself and the one I follow. I had zero problem coming out when I was a teen to my family and like Lily I do not hide my sexuality nor do I announce it to straight people...ever. I introduce my boyfriend and I have no idea what their reaction is because it is none of my business really what anyone else thinks of my sexuality anyway...I thank Lily Tomlin for a fine example.

OrphanPip Wrote:Francis Bacon might have been too, the 17th century biographer John Abrey wrote that it was a well-known fact that Bacon was a "pederast." Bacon was married women though.

There are probably a load of authors I could list, Henry James, Oscar Wilde, Arthur Rimbaud, Paul Verlaine, Andre Gide (who won the Nobel for lit), Marcel Proust, W.S. Maugham, W.H. Auden, Gore Vidal, James Baldwin, Christopher Isherwood, and T. Williams.

Yes, I was trying to stay away from the question marks or there would be a couple of presidents I would add to the list and a first lady.

To your writers, shame on you, you have left out luminaries such as Forster and Whitman.

Moving on to composers, though, I am sure I didn't get them all--

Peter Tchaikovsky (Russian, Romantic Composer)
Grand Theme, Swan Lake-

Ravel (French Impressionist Composer):
Miroirs IV

Aaron Copland (Modernist American Composer):
Fanfare for the Common Man

Leonard Bernstein (American Composer and Conductor of The New York Philharmonic):
Serenade after Plato's Symposium Agathon Alegro-

Samuel Barber (American Modernist Composer):
Agnus Dei (Lamb of God) adapted from Adagio for Strings-

Cole Porter (American Popular Music/Musical Composer):
Night and Day-

Sean Hayes

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuW1X4AvM2G6l1FpLjrjr...eiPKVfQo1w]

I loved him in Will & Grace and I think he produced a couple episodes of the new show Grimm.