Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Wedding in the Household Cavalry
I've just read this story from the Independent. The short version is Lance Corporal James Wharton of the Household Cavalry married his boyfriend on Saturday. A fellow Lance Corporal acted as his best man, both in dress uniform. The reception was then held within the Regimental barracks, after returning from their honeymoon they will be living as a couple within service accomodation. There were several warm quotes from Commanding Officers.

Obviously this is a heart warming story. But I thought I ought to share it with you because it shows how far our armed forces have come in just the last 10 years, quite incredible when you think about it.

(Baz, please correct me if I have got any of the military stuff/language wrong, and it shows there is hope for you yet Wink)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

You have no idea how happy i am that you posted this Fred. Its amazing to see how much the army has changed since i joined. And i never though i would see the day when this happened. I have tears of joy at the fact that its been so welcomed by everyone. Awesome!

I am happy to be the bearer of good news (I am too often the bearer of bad news). Change can be very surprising when it does occur. I am very happy for you.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.