Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Prudes?
I was once called a prude and that I act like a very conservative middle aged woman. -_- Well it's not my fault fun things happen at nighttime. That's when I sleep.

I can be fun... Look:
:tongue:
Okay I'm going to brush my tongue now.

along about the end of the 90's there seemed a quiet small change in the gay population. When the current one retires I dont think another Lady Gaga will re surface. Gay ts just a sexual preference and good or bad we are blending into the general fray.

I agree with East's impressions of what is a prude. Personally, I'm rather boring since I don't drink or smoke or fuck random people. However, I also don't really care if people want to fuck random people, I encourage it if it is what is best for them in that moment.

A prude is someone who gets offended when I talk.

To me, a prude is someone who is so uptight about being proper, modest, polite etc... that they react with disgust or criticism to anything anyone around them does that doesn't fit their ideals of what people should do.

The old lady that gives you a stop smoking lecture outside Wal Mart despite never having met her. The man that yells "whore or floozy" out the car window at a woman wearing short shorts. The boss that scowls at you because you couldn't help but burp or fart in a meeting you weren't permitted to leave. The partner that never undresses with the lights on, and thinks you are immodest when you wear shorts that don't come to your knees, etc...

GossamerMoon Wrote:Are there many gay prudes?

One of the stereotypes is that if you're gay, then you are quite obviously going to love flamboyance. Because we all know "the gays" don't know how to behave in proper society. (read heavy sarcasm here!)

Well, it seems to me that being gay doesn't make it impossible for someone to be a prude. Or does it? I'm leaving this topic open-ended just to see where it goes. Now: Discuss!

*I submit this thread in the interest of spurring fresh discussion. Someone (Pellaz?) mentioned that there isn't enough topic diversity.*

Be assured Sir, there is at least one Gay Prude in the World. As soon as I stepped out of the closet the Ghost of Gay Prudes Past bestowed upon the The Scepter or Prudishness, the Crown Puritanical and a few other items.

When it comes to behaviors in society, I am a genteel, and overly polite person. I'm also still pretty naive having that Victorian Puritanical vibe going on in lots of areas.

I do frown at dirty jokes, and I do get the surge to scream 'Stumpet' when I see a girl showing her ankles (How immodest can one be showing ankle in the 21st century!) I rarely use profanity, trust me when you hear it from me I am over the top angry.

When it comes to my sex life, I am about as close as you can get to pure virgin-hood without actually being a virgin.

I have only had 8 sex partners in my whole life. Just eight. 6 of those were honest attempts are relationships, one two were one night stands (my slut phase).

Yes yes Ladies and Gentle, Step up and pay one thin dime to see the Amazing Near Virgin - Believe it or not it is gay too!!!! Soon to be the Old Gay Man with a million Cats!.

I think it comes with a person's level of maturity.

For example, when i am in a business lunch meeting with a potential client and see a sexy waiter, in my mind i'm say, "Oh my what a hottie"......but my client will never know. I can talk about business, football and politics as needed in such a situation - but I'm respectful of my role and position in the company and conduct myself accordingly.

Same situation, but this time its meeting gay buddies for lunch, and yeap, sometimes i can "flame on" and say some crass wholey inappropriate statment like, "Guys, look at him...i'd crack him like a shotgun and f#@k him up the a$$" ahahah.

And then there are the post-work-friday happy hours i have (almost every friday) with a select group of co-workers who know i'm gay, love me for who i am and on any given friday i can bounce between being a filthy-mouthed trucker-esqe-somewhat-effeminate joker to entering into 10 minute diatribes about business, our company, it's managers and executives.

The real issue is having the maturity to know WHEN to say WHAT around WHO!