Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Rappers?
Hey guys! Wondering if you know of any gay rappers or hip-hop artists?

I was turned on to Nick Dee from an article about how gay rappers are gaining acceptance in mainstream music. I can't post the link but just google him I guess.

The article doesn't really mention any other rappers of this type though. Know of any? Do you consider Nick Dee a rapper at all? I want to know what everyone else is listening to!

well rap is not my thing if i want to hear someone talk in rhyme i will have a friend read a Dr. Seuss book out loud to me and scratch a record once in a while.

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:well rap is not my thing if i want to hear someone talk in rhyme i will have a friend read a Dr. Seuss book out loud to me and scratch a record once in a while.

Haha well I respectfully disagree! There are more advanced poems than Dr. Suess and there's no reason raps can't be advanced poetry set to music. Besides the guy I'm talking about sings a lot too.

Do you think rappers really have no talent? What music do you consider good?

I'd google it if I were you, might be a list on wiki

I did it to find out gay footballers :redface:

it's harder to find than I imagined! I can copy and paste the article...

GAY RAPPERS CLAIM THEIR PLACE IN HIP-HOP COMMUNITY

Openly Homosexual Hip-Hop Artists Rapidly Finding Acceptance in Main Stream Media

As the United States celebrates the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, a discriminatory policy in which openly gay men and women were unable to serve in the military, the LGBT community will be happy to find barriers being broken down in other areas of American culture as well. Namely: hip-hop music. Electro artist and Nashua native Nick Dee explains this phenomenon in terms of his experiences promoting his upcoming album, Sorry I'm Not Sorry.
"The past decade has been huge for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered Americans," states Nick, a 19-year-old student at New York University who has been openly gay for almost 7 years. "Between the legalization of same-sex marriage in some states and the reforms being made in our military, there is plenty change to be proud of." But the satisfaction Nick gets from these increasing levels of tolerance extends further than the decisions made by our government. "There has been a considerable broadening of sexual boundaries in the entertainment industry as well. Two highly successful musicians who have made their mark on the industry in recent years have been openly bisexual."
The two musicians Nick is referring to are pop icon Lady Gaga and rapper Nicki Minaj, a 26-year-old hitmaker from Trinidad. In May, 2010 Nicki told Details Magazine, "I think the world is getting more gay-friendly, so hip-hop is too. But it's harder to imagine an openly gay male rapper being embraced, people view gay men as having no street credibility. But I think we'll see one in my lifetime."
Nick Dee believes he could be that person. His second album, called S.I.N.S. for short, features a mixture of electro, hip-hop and pop elements designed to help the world embrace their personalities wholeheartedly. "My music isn't specifically about being gay. On a personal level, some lyrics may have come from my experience with my orientation. But I believe I write music that relates to emotions we all have, ones that are perfectly natural and deserve to be expressed without shame."
The pop/rap hybrid CD Sorry I'm Not Sorry will be available worldwide through Nick's website, as well as through all music download stores, on January 14, 2011 and can be previewed in it's entirety at http://www.nickdeeofficial.com

well the raqp i have heard is all about screwing your girl and killing people doing drugs and burning buildings i may be wrong but where is the meaning in that.

I listen to real arttists the music has a message not just sex and destruction.

like for example Cass Elliot , Elton john, The Carpenters

Yes Yes i know i am not hip and I am older but i have also been watching Glee where may of the real songs have been revived.

no rap hmmmm wonder why contemporary high school kids not rapping but singing.
yes i know it is just a tv show but the songs are again becoming hits. gee I wonder why

this of course is my opinion rap is not music it is drums and scratchy records for the MOST part with some small very small segment of singing if any.

i think if you can give glee a chance you can give some rap a chance. there is music to it and not just a beat. maybe you're being a little close minded?

i like elton john and "real music" but rap is a real genre itself and the fact that gay people are trying to break into it is inspiring and thy deserve to be heard

whoa I am not totally closed minded i like the Sugar Hill Gang not one word about screwing or destroying.

I take kids in my cab all the time to school and they ask me to put on the local rap station i do and i hear a boy of about 14 rapping about having sex with his girl or some chik rapping about how she likes being burned this is sick stuff and is influencing millions of children

my god i am my parents about rock and roll lol

Hey NYUStudent. It's good to see another New Yorker here.

I honestly wish there were more gay rappers in the rap world. Unfortunately, homophobia is a big thing in the rap game. I did come across a couple of gay rappers in the past 3 years, I unfortunately do not remember their names.

I remember I went to see a documentary about homophobia and rap at my college. They featured a couple of gay rappers, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll never forget that one moment with Busta Rhymes being homophobic in that documentary.

Cutieboy Wrote:Hey NYUStudent. It's good to see another New Yorker here.

I honestly wish there were more gay rappers in the rap world. Unfortunately, homophobia is a big thing in the rap game. I did come across a couple of gay rappers in the past 3 years, I unfortunately do not remember their names.

I remember I went to see a documentary about homophobia and rap at my college. They featured a couple of gay rappers, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll never forget that one moment with Busta Rhymes being homophobic in that documentary.
hell yea i do rap myself but i do get nervous because of who i am as a person.