Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay TV
Jake Wrote:Perhaps you should consider making more than one video on the subject. Make it a series, start with three and start with the gay shows, gay movies and their exposure on TV networks. You know that up to today there were very great films and short films made about gay love and yet you haven't seen Odeon show them as the premiere. The day I will see a gay movie that has nothing to do with AIDS or STD and violence against gays being presented alongside with other blockbusters, is the day that I will be convinced 100% that our society have made the mental shift regarding gay people being an entire part of their society.

Here's one a friend of mine gave me just yesterday - short but so much better than the crap we have now.

My main intention was to cover tv, movies and print in 3 separate videos but there may be multiple videos in each category. Hell the video could even swerve into reality TV and how every reality show for years used to have the most obvious gay and the oldest navy seal they could find and lock them in a house.

BrianNorth Wrote:My main intention was to cover tv, movies and print in 3 separate videos but there may be multiple videos in each category. Hell the video could even swerve into reality TV and how every reality show for years used to have the most obvious gay and the oldest navy seal they could find and lock them in a house.

Oh My God Brian don't get me started with Reality TV, I only have a few hours left before I turn off this account hahahaha. I hate Reality TV with passion. There's nothing worse than the portrayal they have of gay people in there. I have friends that swear by those and watching 5 minutes of reality TV gives me the hives, I broke 4 remote controls spitting liquid on them so much I found them ridiculous, even for entertainment purpose Annoying Orange is more interesting and at least the objective of Annoying Orange is to be annoying lol.

I actually like Looking....,,I have pretty much known "those guys" over the years...the characters are very familiar....

I would be surprised if we ever see a mainstream gay show that is commercially successful in my life The best bet I think would be a comedy show.....it might happen.

There is one series I was watching recently and it was alot better than I thought it would be but after I watched all of the episodes I can't find it again...it is about a guy turning 50 I think and the show centers around him and three friends in the LA area...reminded me a little of a gay Sex & The City

There was a second one as well that had the guy from Noahs Arc starring in it. I watched all of those episode too but again...no idea what the name of it was. I remember I found both of them through my ROKU box so it was either on AMAZON Prime, HULU or Netflix. I think maybe AMAZON or HULU may have produced one of them at least

EDIT: One was called DTLA with Darryl Stephens from Noahs Arc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTLA_%28TV_series%29

The other one is somewhere on here
http://www.gay.net/tv/2012/04/26/hulu-go...bt-channel

In the ROKU Channel Store...there is a gay network that is ...uh...rough LOL .........I watched the show about the Palm Springs party where they auctioned off this guy and then we got to see the date...it was bizarre but kinda OK .

That channel needs you Brian...I think you can broadcast on it

I really enjoyed DTLA (on Netflix Canada) (as per suggested also by East)
However, I was sad it was not renew. Only one season and finished one small cliffhanger.
That show wasn't perfect, however, I felt that show had way more to offer...
I loved the energy and the vibe of that show.

MountLogan Wrote:I really enjoyed DTLA (on Netflix Canada) (as per suggested also by East)
However, I was sad it was not renew. Only one season and finished one small cliffhanger.
That show wasn't perfect, however, I felt that show had way more to offer...
I loved the energy and the vibe of that show.

Yeah...I really liked it too...I wanted more...

It definitely wasn't perfect but it had alot of potential....they had a low budget so that was probably one of the problems...they had the vibe happening though like you said...and that can help overlook alot of other things LOL

East Wrote:I actually like Looking....,,I have pretty much known "those guys" over the years...the characters are very familiar....

I would be surprised if we ever see a mainstream gay show that is commercially successful in my life The best bet I think would be a comedy show.....it might happen.

There is one series I was watching recently and it was alot better than I thought it would be but after I watched all of the episodes I can't find it again...it is about a guy turning 50 I think and the show centers around him and three friends in the LA area...reminded me a little of a gay Sex & The City

There was a second one as well that had the guy from Noahs Arc starring in it. I watched all of those episode too but again...no idea what the name of it was. I remember I found both of them through my ROKU box so it was either on AMAZON Prime, HULU or Netflix. I think maybe AMAZON or HULU may have produced one of them at least

EDIT: One was called DTLA with Darryl Stephens from Noahs Arc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTLA_%28TV_series%29

The other one is somewhere on here
http://www.gay.net/tv/2012/04/26/hulu-go...bt-channel

In the ROKU Channel Store...there is a gay network that is ...uh...rough LOL .........I watched the show about the Palm Springs party where they auctioned off this guy and then we got to see the date...it was bizarre but kinda OK .

That channel needs you Brian...I think you can broadcast on it

With Looking I mostly relate with the guy that works in game programming as I'm in IT and know his pain lol. I did quite like the couple moving in together and their experiences with opening up their relationship. I had a similar experience in my last and I learned a lot about myself and I found their dialogues and feelings pretty spot on to what I had felt. I quite liked that it wasn't just about the sex it was about the 'well what next' after it was over. Nobody warned me about you have to think what will happen after the deed is done. Bah I'm off on another tangential topic for a future video lol.

I'll have to look into that channel! Being apart of something like that would be beyond amazing. I'd consider myself super fortunate if I even ever popup on a 'cool youtubers' list on a blog somewhere.

On Looking....I didn't really like Kevin very much. Russsel Tovey played him well but I just never liked guys like him ....,I like something at least about all the rest of the characters....and the writing isn't bad which is nice.

Do you have ROKU Brian? If not...I will try to see if I can find a link for that gay network channel. I am pretty sure that you can broadcast on a channel of your own there. I think you would be good on there.

East Wrote:On Looking....I didn't really like Kevin very much Russsel Tovey played him well but I just never liked guys that much,,,,,,,,I like something at least about all the rest of the characters....and the writing isn't bad which s nice.

Do you have ROKU Brian? If not...I will try to see if I can find a link for that gay network channel. I am pretty sure that you can broadcast on a channel of your own there. I think you would be good on there.

Yeah I'd agree. I didn't like his character that much. I've seen him on the BBC's Being Human and I didn't like his character there either. I also didn't like Richie much. I found the relationship a bit awkward and more complicated then it really needed to be. Most of the issues seemed like non issues to me. Maybe s2 will fix that.

I don't own a roku but that could be really cool for me to try! Might be worth adding to the ole Xmas list. I'm already super overspent on audio and video stuff.

LOL...Yeah...Richie...not my favorite either. He kinda has the pitbull vibe and there is too much drama. He is definitely a portrayal of tons of guys i have know though.....mostly when I bartended in the gay clubs.

I can recommend ROKU...it is fairly inexpensive and soooo worth it.

East Wrote:LOL...Yeah...Richie...not my favorite either. He kinda has the pitbull vibe and there is too much drama. He is definitely a portrayal of tons of guys i have know though.....mostly when I bartended in the gay clubs.

Yeah no kidding. It's always something that seems to basic to me but I realize if I had no relationship experience maybe I'd act the same way? I certainly hope I wouldn't lol.