Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay TV
Don't you know ahead of time I'm always going to come in with a whacky perspective?

I'd like to see a series about a gay guy working a regular job, living a regular life with regular friends that can go a whole year without the main character ever having to mention the words, "gay -- homosexual -- etc" and the story be more focused on the ways others (co-workers, family and friends) interact with him than about one guy's totally bogus gay oriented drama. Think about the "gay oriented drama" in your own life... it should be minimal unless you've modeled yourself after the quintessential stereotypical fag of TV Jack McFarland of Will and Grace. Most drama is universal and neither gay or straight.

Virge Wrote:Don't you know ahead of time I'm always going to come in with a whacky perspective?

I'd like to see a series about a gay guy working a regular job, living a regular life with regular friends that can go a whole year without the main character ever having to mention the words, "gay -- homosexual -- etc" and the story be more focused on the ways others (co-workers, family and friends) interact with him than about one guy's totally bogus gay oriented drama. Think about the "gay oriented drama" in your own life... it should be minimal unless you've modeled yourself after the quintessential stereotypical fag of TV Jack McFarland of Will and Grace. Most drama is universal and neither gay or straight.

Six Feet Under Virge.....David and Keith.....did you ever see it?

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION].... hahahahaha! That came out when I was in 8th or 9th grade and in total denial about the entire concept of sex in general. We might have to check that out from the beginning. I put it on the list to remember.

I need to watch 6 feet under myself. Its on the ever growing list of TV and movies I need to watch yet rarely find time to.

I found QAF had a few relatable characters in that they were your average functioning adult. Eventually those characters turned into crystal meth addicts but there were a few good seasons haha.

David and Keith on Six Feet Under are definitely my favorite gay characters ever on TV

The other one I love you rarely hear about it George Huang who is a gay actor (BD Wong) playing a gay man on Law & Order SVU...I love his character...and such a positive role model as an individual for anyone...gay or straight

Decided the video is going to be in the direction of 'what gay chars influenced/were rolemodels to you?' It's pretty clear that everyone has varied experiences so making a one size fits all breakdown of TV chars won't work but talking about my perceptions and inviting conversation will (Y).

BrianNorth Wrote:Decided the video is going to be in the direction of 'what gay chars influenced/were rolemodels to you?' It's pretty clear that everyone has varied experiences so making a one size fits all breakdown of TV chars won't work but talking about my perceptions and inviting conversation will (Y).

I think that is a great idea...it will invite conversation as you say....

East Wrote:I think that is a great idea...it will invite conversation as you say....

That's the goal anyway.. To be honest I've had this video at the top of my list for a month and I've tried approaching it 2 or 3 times only to be overwhelmed.