Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Weddings/Civil Ceremonies - what about the invites?
I am a wedding stationery designer and I would like to design a range of collections catering to the needs of the gay community. What would you like to see in the way of "Gay Stationery". What sort of wording would you like to see? "Wedding Invitation", "Gay Wedding Invitation", "Civil Ceremony Invitation", "Invitation to Celebrate Our Joining"???? Would you like to see a variety of styles from traditional to 'camp it up' outright gay? Same sex couples are just as entitled to all the fancy stationery for their big day as anyone else but it is not readily available. Please help me out by giving me your views on this subject. Many many thanks.Xyxthumbs

I ordered some invites online when i had my ceremony, if i remember correctly they said 'Civil Partnership Ceremony' on them. A good balance between traditional and totally gay would be good. What other people were telling me at the time was that they wanted to buy congratulations cards for us but they weren't available or very hard to come by at the time. As of writing this, a couple of years on from the big day, I still HAVEN'T see any cards !!, maybe that's something you could look into also if you didn't already ??

We're not married yet but I must admit... 'Invitation to Celebrate Our Joining' sounds like the one that I would go for...
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I dont know... I rather hated my sisters big wedding and it just seemed like sooooo much stress. This person goes here that person goes there... light the candles at the third gong... AND THAT WAS A STRAIGHT WEDDING, LOL.

Get the blood tests (do they still do that), go to the county office, fill out the forms, kiss and walk out hand in hand...

someone wanna throw a party for us - go ahead, rather they did it on a cruise around the world... just dont make it a surprise party - hate that crap. If there arent any greeting cards then that could be a gold mine in the making...

Thank you for your comments. I hadn't thought about the cards from guests to the happy couple being specifically same sex orientated but it is an idea well worth pursuing - thanks. As to the fuss and hassle of the wedding - this is sometimes the case and is a good reason not to do it, but for those who do want the whole ball of wax I would like there to be the facility available. Thanks again for all your comments.Biggrina

I untill dream of the day that man and man can lives together and have the baby with eath other..And I believe that day'll be very happy..^^

phuclee02 Wrote:I untill dream of the day that man and man can lives together and have the baby with eath other..And I believe that day'll be very happy..^^

Except it's just not going to happen Phuclee. I think you'd just be better off having a baby with a woman and raising it with your partner...

Hi again. If genetics or evolution make it possible to have a man give birth then I will do the birth announcements FOR FREE! lol Have been having some success with new Civil Ceremony/Ceremony of Commitment stationery so I would like to thank those of you who gave me their input and inspired me to create the new ranges. You guys are the best!

princealbertofb Wrote:Except it's just not going to happen Phuclee. I think you'd just be better off having a baby with a woman and raising it with your partner...
thank for your idea.
The fact is I would like to have a happy family with my bf , and I also would like to have a chubby baby ..I would like to become a best father..^^