Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay and "Disabled".. can anyone else relate?
Nick9 Wrote:Interesting question. I think I would like to know. When I go to a website looking for friendship and I find a friend and weeks or months later I find out about something like that, I don't mind at all.
I've never looked for a date on any dating website, but I would feel more comfortable to know about an illness or psychical problems etc before I start to picture my life with you. And no, it would not be the key to make my decision whether to contact you or not.

I think that I am afraid that if you tell me months later, I will look back at all my fantasies about you and see that they all were false and it would hurt.
I am not sure if it makes sense though :redface:

It not only makes sense, but I feel the same! If someone meets me in real life they will see I am in a wheelchair, so why lie by omission on line?

Well, selling products online has also different rules than selling them in brick-and-mortar shop - because customers behave differently.
So, I understand if someone is hesitant to put that into their profile, but that's how I would feel about it.

Btw. do you think my abdominal muscles will get perfect if I watch your signature for a looong time? Rolleyes

Nick9 Wrote:Btw. do you think my abdominal muscles will get perfect if I watch your signature for a looong time? Rolleyes

Sadly no, I have tried. So I tried matching him sit up for sit up... he has more stamina than I do :p

Spades Wrote:Sadly no, I have tried. So I tried matching him sit up for sit up... he has more stamina than I do :p

Rofl :biggrin:

Spades Wrote:BTW, to all who are disabled and doing the dating sites - do you put your disability on your profile?

I honestly couldn't give a fuck. If I met someone willing to touch me, it wouldn't matter if they were a head in a jar.

Tyrion Wrote:Eek.. Okay so a guy I've been talking to on OKCupid wants to meet for coffee or something soon.. who I some how found nearby. I'm totally nervous and thought about not even answering the message but I think I'm going to go for it o.O..

Do it, you blue haired hesitant fella, you. Carpe Diem! Seize the day! Suck the Marrow out of life! And any other quote I can remember from Dead Poets Society!

If you don't go on this date, how am I going to live vicariously through you?

Wade Wrote:I honestly couldn't give a fuck. If I met someone willing to touch me, it wouldn't matter if they were a head in jar.

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that.

Spades Wrote:Go for it! Good luck and have fun Smile

BTW, to all who are disabled and doing the dating sites - do you put your disability on your profile?

I personally put it right on my profile. I'd rather get it out there immediately, than have someone seem interested and then bolt after finding out.

Wade Wrote:Do it, you blue haired hesitant fella, you. Carpe Diem! Seize the day! Suck the Marrow out of life! And any other quote I can remember from Dead Poets Society!

If you don't go on this date, how am I going to live vicariously through you?

LOL, hesitant I am at times.. never REALLY being on a date can make the whole thing a bit nerve racking.. but I replied back and said I would love to.. so I now await a response!

Tyrion Wrote:LOL, hesitant I am at times.. never REALLY being on a date can make the whole thing a bit nerve racking.. but I replied back and said I would love to.. so I now await a response!

Well good luck, sir. For my sake I hope it goes well.

Just be yourself. And by yourself, I mean whichever yourself is going to make him like you the most.

Good luck Tyrion Smile