Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay and racist?
Wintereis Wrote:I laughed so hard when I read this.

But, as for the topic at hand:

If you want to change the world, you have to change it by degrees, and it must occur at a grass roots level. I have come across gay people who are racist. They have been few and far between in my experience, but they are out there. And the pendulum swings the other way as well.

I remember a lesbian girl I knew from Venezuela who thought it was more PC to call all people of European decent, Anglo because not all white people were from the Caucus region and, there for, shouldn't be called Caucasian. "So", I asked here, "all white people are from England then since they should be called Anglo?" She didn't seem to like that question for some reason.

Honestly, if it bothers you that much, you should start educating people about it, and not the people who already agree with you. But, you are going to have to learn patients and compassion or you will only hurt your cause.

id love to know where peoples racism comes from.... next time i witness something im going to ask them why regardless aimed at me or not

zeon Wrote:id love to know where peoples racism comes from....

I believe that we have an in-built fear of 'foreigners', that we are genetically programmed to be friendly(ish) of members of our 'tribe' and to be wary of members of other tribes. I suspect that is the origin of a lot of racism. However I am sure it is more complicated than that.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.