Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay community apologizes to Amy Koch for ruining her marriage
Gay community apologizes to Amy Koch for ruining her marriage

The gay and lesbian community of Minnesota has issued a letter of apology to recently resigned Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch for ruining the institution of marriage and causing her to stray from her husband and engage in an "inappropriate relationship."

"On behalf of all gays and lesbians living in Minnesota, I would like to wholeheartedly apologize for our community's successful efforts to threaten your traditional marriage," reads the letter from John Medeiros. "We apologize that our selfish requests to marry those we love has cheapened and degraded traditional marriage so much that we caused you to stray from your own holy union for something more cheap and tawdry."

Truncated for length, more at: http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011/...odkorb.php

Should we, the Gay Community make fun of people in this way? Does this sort of apology send a 'good' message or ultimately make our own message a 'bad' one?

Discuss amongst yourselves.Wink

I don't like either/or's.

E.g., it's either good or bad.

Here my study of Jung will show again.
Smile

It's BOTH; it's DUAL.

It's good AND bad.

Some people will have a negative reaction, but the absurdity of it all will open a few eyes, as well.

'Live and let live' is one of my favorite ideas.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Should we, the Gay Community make fun of people in this way? Does this sort of apology send a 'good' message or ultimately make our own message a 'bad' one?

My understand is that Sen. Koch was active in the Minnesota State Constitutional Ammendment against same-sex marriage and promoting same-sex marriage as a threat to traditional marriage.

I think that it is a brilliant parody of the nonsense threat claim. I also think that it is a useful reminder to politicians who might consider using our personal lives for political gain that that leaves their personal lives up for discussion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

She CHOSE the words that had a direct and immediate effect on gay men and women. She used her position and her false arguments and phony outrage to implement and sustain prejudice and inequality under the law for TAX PAYING CITIZENS.

F*ck Her...she deserved her own words to be used against her. She used gay people as political pawns as Fred says. I feel nothing but contempt for her and am glad they exposed her for the fraud she is......

I think if someone decides to take the piss out of us, we have every right to retaliate with piss taking and sarcasm to make a point of their absurd opinions.