Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay... disabled.. never been on a date, but would like to. Any suggestions?
princealbertofb Wrote:I do believe in Prince Charming, lol, otherwise I wouldn't believe in myself, Nick.... Hahaha, have you ever read anything so self-centered???? hehe

My point was that we shouldn't give up on true love... real love, and just settle for something else called comradeship,or friendship... if we can have love, it's better.

hmm Rolleyes my point was... I don't believe that true love can exist without friendship Smile

Hello Joe Welcome
Hang in there you will find someone.

Are you into the Bar scene at all?

my friends mom married a guy that was in a wheel chair, I'm sure there are some guys in your area that would date you. you just have to put yourself out there.

keep on dating, I'm sure one day you will find your love.

Well...Port Angeles isn't exactly a gay mecca...ever consider moving to Seattle or Tacoma? Or somewhere in between?

Keep your spirits up!!

I met my guy on a dating site, so I'm very pro-online dating Smile

I was pretty much on a mass profile-deleting spree when he messaged me as I'd had quite a number of frogs (and whatever's worse that frogs...). He started out stating that he was looking to be friends, and I put him through the wringer badly at the beginning. Eventually he came around and told me about his disabilities, and I did have a long hard thought about dating someone who was not able-bodied like me. Was I against it? Absolutely not, but I think I may have thought it would only ever happen in TV land or something. I took a chance and jumped head first into it when we met finally (he was a couple cities away and neither of us drove/drive so it was like we were worlds apart), and two years and some change later we are engaged.

He's told me so many stories about how it was like for him growing up and coming to terms with having disabilities since birth, and how it was coming to terms with being gay on top of that. He had come out ages before me and didn't think that a relationship was possible for him. Then he himself had some frogs... and had friends that pushed him back out into the dating pool.

I guess I am really just trying to say that it WILL happen if you keep plugging away. My best luck was when I was starting looking for friends first. I wouldn't even exchange numbers or messenger handles until I got to know them through loads of emails first. In a way I feel it's more romantic that way anyways Smile

Keep us up to date on how it goes!

Myself I am 43 and have never had a boyfriend and I am not in a wheelchair, So I wouldn't worry as you are not the only one who hasn't been on a date as such.
Look at it this way, Someone might see that as a positive for us because we have been saving ourselves for the right person to come along.
Just hang in there and please keep posting on this site as it will give you so much more confidence.
I wish you all the very best.

hello i am called joe aswel well joseph.im am same age.i am disabled aswel. so i know it hard. i never hd a boyfrined but i wont one. if your disabled pepl think you not care about sex they are wrong . and disabled pepple acan be gay aswel . your now whst is is i go to gay pubs and dancing and the disco with disabled pepole .i am looking for a boyfried.!! one day! i think a gay disabled man for a boyfrind for me.good luck and find a nice boyfrined.. josephxxx

Hey everyone, thank you all for your responses. When I posted this I was a bit depressed.because it seems like whenever I try the online thing it doesn't work out. I think people see the whole disabled thing and run. That said.. I'm a pretty social guy and seem to make friends really easy when I go out. I do live in a small town though, and like Supernaut said, it isn't exactly a gay mecca lol, so it makes things much harder. Once I finish school I may be moving in the seattle area, so there will be more opportunity to meet other gay people in person which will be nice. I've never been to a gay club or anything but would certainly like to. Anyway again, thank you all for your suggestions and comments. They are all very helpful and give me a bit more hope Smile.

Tyrion Wrote:Hey everyone, thank you all for your responses. When I posted this I was a bit depressed.because it seems like whenever I try the online thing it doesn't work out. I think people see the whole disabled thing and run. That said.. I'm a pretty social guy and seem to make friends really easy when I go out. I do live in a small town though, and like Supernaut said, it isn't exactly a gay mecca lol, so it makes things much harder. Once I finish school I may be moving in the seattle area, so there will be more opportunity to meet other gay people in person which will be nice. I've never been to a gay club or anything but would certainly like to. Anyway again, thank you all for your suggestions and comments. They are all very helpful and give me a bit more hope Smile.

Tyrion, you mention being quite outgoing, but are you out? Do people know that you are gay and looking?
I'm not sure that moving to a bigger city will be the answer to your quest. Of course the sheer numbers point towards it being easier to find a date, but then again, sometimes the pearl lies within reach, it's just a question of finding it. No one knows where it'll be found (or else we'd all be happily married, lol). Keep your options open, and make it known, to your straight and gay friends, that you are looking for a relationship. Straight friends who are open- minded will often know some other gay friends whom they'd be glad for you to meet. The gay scene is not geared so much toward the long lasting relationship, even though, again, this might be precisely where you'll find one. You never know. Is there a gay support group within easy reach that you could belong to? There again, it's a question of being in the right place at the right time.
Good luck in your search, Tyrion.