Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay friendly? meaning?
LeroyOt Wrote:Lately I have read some stuff regarding marketing for LGBTI people, these places are marketing themselves as gay friendly...For me is all about security and being able to be myself...So for you guys what's the meaning of a gay friendly place? what you consider gay friendly.

Someplace where you can go without being beaten with a baseball bat at the hand of a group of thugs.

Understand I come from the end generation where that was the daily norm. Before "gay rights" before "gay marriage" before everyone was offended by "senseless" violence. BAck when it still made a lot of sense to hate the LGBT.

Today I think in the majority of the western nations "Gay Freindly" is a reduncy.

I suspect that for the youth of this world its a place where they don't have to worry abouyt having their feelings hurt as deep, since physical security for LGBT is much higher.

I still don't think that "freindly" is the correct word. I think that "gay freindly" is sort of like "organic" its a nice way to promot marketing and make money off of a "flaw" in the world that cannot be fixed, or worse, its trying to convince us that the world is a harder/colder place than it is (for the western world).

THe big thing to win us our rights is not morals or ethics, its money.

Well thanks guys for the replies
I have been quite busy with my job
I have read a lot of gay destinations but I wonder what makes them so special