Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay friendly? meaning?
A place where people treat gay guys the same way the crew of the enterprise would.

Doc Wrote:Thats so weird, the weekend before last three friends and I stayed in a hotel room with only two beds and the person at the desk thought nothing of it.

Yeah, we got a laugh out of it. We were staying right outside an Air Force Base, in a town of 30,000 people. Might have something to do with it. It was a national chain, so we expected a greater awareness than the front desk clerk had.

Camfer Wrote:Yeah, we got a laugh out of it. We were staying right outside an Air Force Base, in a town of 30,000 people. Might have something to do with it. It was a national chain, so we expected a greater awareness than the front desk clerk had.

It could be that you were older men, they just assumed we were poor and wanted to share a room because we are young, had we been older it would have been the four lovers.

Camfer Wrote:Yeah, we got a laugh out of it. We were staying right outside an Air Force Base, in a town of 30,000 people. Might have something to do with it. It was a national chain, so we expected a greater awareness than the front desk clerk had.

Maybe he had never seen or heard of gays before.

A friend told me, today, that he was terrified of meeting me. We had been playing games online together for years, but finally met irl half a year ago. He knew I was gay etc., and he had never met a homo. pretty weird huh

Cuddly Wrote:Maybe he had never seen or heard of gays before.

A friend told me, today, that he was terrified of meeting me. We had been playing games online together for years, but finally met irl half a year ago. He knew I was gay etc., and he had never met a homo. pretty weird huh

I think you're right, that he never imagined that two grown men would ever sleep in the same bed together, and that he'd never thought about gays at all. It seems astounding to me, but definitely possible.

Cuddly Wrote:Maybe he had never seen or heard of gays before.

LOL... I love it when some guy tells me, "I've never met a gay before!" My standard out of the box reply: "That you know of!"

MikeW Wrote:LOL... I love it when some guy tells me, "I've never met a gay before!" My standard out of the box reply: "That you know of!"

Exactly what I said. The he got flustered and was like "I'm not from such a place".. As if it matters where you live or grew up.
He's cool, don't get me wrong. Just a little ill informed.

Doc Wrote:Thats so weird, the weekend before last three friends and I stayed in a hotel room with only two beds and the person at the desk thought nothing of it.

Were they both double beds or single beds (in which case you may have been a little squeezed) or one double and a single. If you were all three paying for this, it would make sense that all three could sleep comfortably.

MikeW Wrote:LOL... I love it when some guy tells me, "I've never met a gay before!" My standard out of the box reply: "That you know of!"

The likelihood of having never met a gay person is rather small. However, if you are not aware that so and so is gay, and he's not told you so, then maybe you think you've never met any gays. If you're not curious, if you're not very sociable, that is also a possibility. One among the spectrum of possibilities.

princealbertofb Wrote:Were they both double beds or single beds (in which case you may have been a little squeezed) or one double and a single. If you were all three paying for this, it would make sense that all three could sleep comfortably.

Four men and two single beds, the desk clerk could tell by looking at us that we were real men's men though, they were all of my old Army buddies. Its not the first time any of us had slept together, it was actually a fairly common occurrence when we were still stationed together, sometimes three men to bed. And in Iraq we shared bed's sometimes.