Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay gamer’s risqué Kum & Go gas station joke
[Image: b4e67df0e1d6f61416133547b426b3f4]
Twitch streamer Justin Moore has helped raised $26,930 for The Trevor Project through Kum & Gay Rights merch

What began as a running joke on Moore’s Twitch channel grew into a blossoming partnership between the streamer and US gas station Kum & Go.

Moore originally searched online for the trucker hat from the Midwestern gas station that was unfortunately out of stock. In an email to customer service he jokingly suggested they should produce a Kum & Go jockstrap.

“Dearest Kum & Go,” he wrote, “might I also suggest a Kum & Go jockstrap eventually becoming part of your merchandise collection (have you seen the excitement around the Chromatica jockstrap by Lady Gaga or the new Nike jockstraps?)!”

Little did Justin Moore know, his suggestion would be passed to the sales team, who then sent him a custom Kum & Gay Rights t-shirt in the Progressive Pride flag colours, which was later added to their merch website with a tank top variant.

The merch was available for seven days, with $10 from each sale going to The Trevor Project, the US suicide prevention hotline for LGBT+ youth.

The total raised was shared on Twitter, with Moore responding: “I cannot thank you all enough for supporting this! Who knew a joke back in December would lead to all this!”

Much to our disappointment, Kum & Go didn’t release a jockstrap as part of their merch collection, but a member of Moore’s Twitch community went one better and hand-knitted one especially for him.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.