Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay heavy metal fans?
That was a Desmond Child production though wasn't it? One of the great producer/writers of hard-rock of the 80s/90s. He was responsible for Bon Jovi's bigger hits, some Aerosmith and Kiss too, one of those guys like Bob Rock who you could apply to a bunch of hairy guitar-bashers to create something rocky but radio friendly. Not my scene at all but as a producer-of-sorts I respect the expertise.

marshlander Wrote:I do consider "Poison", which obviously came much later, to be the most expertly crafted rock song.

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Ha!

I'll backpedal a little, I've really nothing against Abba, it's just every gay-bar/club I've been to (Heh, I shoulda seen the future when I had my engagement party at Atlantica in Cardiff) they've played Dancing Queen or remixes thereof like it was the national freaking anthem. Nowt wrong with liking them at all obviously, I just got a vibe that they were liked by many because it was "the done thing", not 'cos they were a good band, which they were. Nah me ting, but they were good. Same goes for "I Will Survive", a song that'll have me leaping out of the nearest window in milliseconds flat.

But then, I'm only semi-gay so what do I know? Wink

Stick to your guns! I can think of many things wrong with liking ABBA like they are exceedingly cheesy Scandinavian disco-pop. On the other hand I have to give it to them that they have had the good sense not to get back together.

Fred
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Stick to your guns! I can think of many things wrong with liking ABBA like they are exceedingly cheesy Scandinavian disco-pop. On the other hand I have to give it to them that they have had the good sense not to get back together.

Fred

They couldn't even if they wanted to since once of them has died.

princealbertofb Wrote:They couldn't even if they wanted to since once of them has died.
That hasn't stopped Queen or Zep Rolleyes

Arthur.FWT Wrote:But then, I'm only semi-gay so what do I know? Wink

oooo, a new one to add to my phrase book. My favourite at the moment is Part Time Lesbian but semi gay sounds good!!

One of my fave Jovi/Desmond Child songs

Semi-gay, part-time-poofter, demiqueer, fractional-fag...The list goes on! Wink Think Demiqueer's my favourite, it may have to be the name of a band at some point.. Of course they're all hideously inaccurate.

Christ I hope no one here's easily offended!

BiPenny Wrote:oooo, a new one to add to my phrase book. My favourite at the moment is Part Time Lesbian but semi gay sounds good!!

One of my fave Jovi/Desmond Child songs

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Semi-gay, part-time-poofter, demiqueer, fractional-fag...The list goes on! Wink Think Demiqueer's my favourite, it may have to be the name of a band at some point.. Of course they're all hideously inaccurate.

Roflmao

Arthur.FWT Wrote:Semi-gay, part-time-poofter, demiqueer, fractional-fag...The list goes on! Wink Think Demiqueer's my favourite, it may have to be the name of a band at some point.. Of course they're all hideously inaccurate.

Xyxthumbs Roflmao Rofl

Tbh, like varying degrees of rock more than anything else, got a big thing for early Sabbath and solo Ozzie stuff atm.

xx

marshlander Wrote:That hasn't stopped Queen or Zep Rolleyes

But they'd only be ABB or BBA or ABA... wouldn't they? Wink